Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: LGA Kids Day - September 15, 2012

My fiance and i plan to show there
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Got a nice call from my buddy Chuck in the AA LGA Tower this morning, Chuck for sometime has been the un-official Military aircraft coordinator for this event and is usually in the cockpit of the AA display aircraft. Anyway if anyone would know what aircraft are coming this is the man, here is what he expects. DL A-319, US A-319, AA 738 (he is working on trying to get another fairly new one with the Boeing Sky Interior like last year), a private Cirrus, Marines C-130, and as hoped, everything looks official that we will have (drumroll please) a KC-135 from McGuire. They had hoped to bring both it and a KC-10 again but the latter was deployed. Sadly no luck on any fighters but for me the KC-135 more than makes up for that. I hope to see many of you their and lets hope for a nice day ! Cheers LGA777

Drooling over the KC-135!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I will be there.

Dang, this is the same day as the Newark collectibles show, looks cool though

Well the collectible show starts about 9am while the kids day event opens its doors at noon so its possible to get there early, buy what you need and rush to LGA. It would be absolutely brutal lugging all the stuff around but it could be done. Keep in mind that the show scheduled to be held last November at the Courtyard Marriott was cancelled so this could be the only collectible show of the year.
    Last edited by alberchico; 2012-09-04 at 11:19 PM.
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

I thought the KC-10 from JFK was going to return for this... be on the lookout just in case ... imagine a KC-10 landing at KLGA!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    ...imagine a KC-10 landing at KLGA!
    I don't have to imagine, I saw it last year...

BTW what time does the kids day event end ? Like around 4pm or so ?
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Yes - they usually start herding people off the ramp around 4pm, but some of us take our time walking over to the bus. The last few years, I was on the last bus off the ramp around 5-5:30pm.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I don't have to imagine, I saw it last year...

I think I might be in the pic, about 1/4 way up the stairs.
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

I remember that JFK was in consideration for a Concorde but declined. I presumed the reason was that spotters would be wandering the grounds as a result. This would not be the case. I went several times to view the Shuttle while at JFK and saw only a few spotters, so my assumption about the Concorde was incorrect. Having a Concorde on display near Federal Circle off the Van Wyck would have caused numerous problems including traffic slow-downs, traffic accidents,pedestrians attempting to cross with no traffic lights as assistance, plus security and parking problems. Maybe they could have found a spot for Concorde elswewhere on the premises like LHR and CDG did but let's say "that ship has sailed" so we are indeed fortunate that Intrepid won the bid. JFK used to welcome tourists with 3 gorgeous chapels and lit fountains where the parking lots now occupy. They even featured a small observation deck at the IAB for the cost of 10 cents!

My small apartment already looks like an airport so I must avoid collectible shows. My landlord forced me to dump lots of stuff including the collection of Braniff timetables. Each month had a different color cover. My other stuff had to be dumped as well. It was traumatic. Only my Concorde collection is still intact. It will be buried with me. My 5 zillion photo albums of Kodacolor prints is hidden in my clothing closets and drawers. Not to mention hundreds of models I assembled, many of which have peeling-off decals which cannot be replaced (Laker D10 1/100 scale) and posters which airlines would send me for free all-over my walls. As I say, a collectible show for me would be like bringing a recovering alcoholic to a bar. See you guys at LGA and keep collecting and enjoy!

Why would your landlord have authority to tell you what to keep? Was their a health hazard associated?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Agree with Phil...........why would the landloard tell you what to keep.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet