Thread: JFK this afternoon, 8/2

JFK this afternoon, 8/2

Going to be in the JFK area around 3:30ish today. If anyone's out let us know where you'll be. Bringing some family members with me.

-TJK

TJK if your still out when i get into queens i'll pass by.. keep me posted as to where you going to be..

We had been at the airport, but they've switched to the 22s. We're going to go down to the McDonald's just across the cross bay bridge! Into rockaway. In the back of the parking lot there's a gate to go out to the bay. We'll be there for an hour or so.

Just got into queens... I'll try to meet you guys up...let me know if you changing location.

Met Aqi (Cal 07) over by my own little spot for 22R departures, but they weren't turning south early enough, so my cousins who were on their first planespotting trip, and I followed him to bays water, where the variety was excellent. Tough shooting towards the setting sun, but great spot for my cousins to end their first trip to the JFK spots. They got to see most of what you'd want to from several a340s to the Lufthansa 747 to the Singapore a380.

My cousin did most of the photography today but I shot a few with my old Samsung point and shoot. Was good to meet Aqi (spelling?), and to see bays water for the first time.

Finally got her mostly in focus:

Egyptair by Teejsjulaw4, on Flickr

Some others:

Lufthansa 747-8 by Teejsjulaw4, on Flickr

Singapore A380, Rnwy 22R, 8-2-2012 by Teejsjulaw4, on Flickr

TJ it was a positive experience meeting you guys also.. Hope to met up some time again.. its really difficult shooting towards to sunset, but the mornings are really good @ that location..I'll be out on saturday morning if you guys have time hope to see you'll..

Quote Originally Posted by Cal07 View Post
    TJ it was a positive experience meeting you guys also.. Hope to met up some time again.. its really difficult shooting towards to sunset, but the mornings are really good @ that location..I'll be out on saturday morning if you guys have time hope to see you'll..
    Not expecting to be out at JFK probably at all this weekend. But it looks like some people are going tomorrow. Enjoy!