Thread: 2012 Great New England Air Show this Saturday & Sunday, August 4 & 5

2012 Great New England Air Show this Saturday & Sunday, August 4 & 5

Anyone planning on going? It's this weekend and looks like a pretty dope line-up of static & air displays....B-52, B-1, B-2 flyover (saturday only), F-4 Phantom, C-5, etc... My plan is to arrive there at around 8am on saturday...should be a great show!

I'll be there. I'll admit that while i was at first planning on skipping it due to poor line up i am now looking forward to attending. Glad they got some good stuff showing up. Even without a headliner it ought to be a good show.
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Wappingers Falls, New York, United States
    Looks cool, but I have so much to do around the house this weekend. But I'll keep it in mind for next year.
    Ben Granucci, Wappingers Falls, NY
    NYCAviation Senior Editor & Director
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    Looks cool, but I have so much to do around the house this weekend. But I'll keep it in mind for next year.
    They do not have air shows there every year, more like every four years, I believe. I was planning on attending but something came up and I won't be able to make it. This years started out great with three shows in three weekends, but the remainder seem to have fallen on bad days for me and I may be done this season :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    They do not have air shows there every year, more like every four years, I believe.
    Well that's some good information to have then, thanks! Considering how infrequent these are, and that I was pretty disappointed about not going, I think I'm going to shift my schedule around so that I can attend this. It looks like a lot of fun, and I have been really wanting to attend an air show for a while now. The price is right and this is probably one of the closer air shows to me geographically. Hopefully I'll see some of you there.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by mldoc View Post
    Well that's some good information to have then, thanks! Considering how infrequent these are, and that I was pretty disappointed about not going, I think I'm going to shift my schedule around so that I can attend this. It looks like a lot of fun, and I have been really wanting to attend an air show for a while now. The price is right and this is probably one of the closer air shows to me geographically. Hopefully I'll see some of you there.
    The price should be right, parking and admission are FREE...so you can't beat that.

link for more info: http://www.greatnewenglandairshow.com/

I'm here, been through a few of the static displays, now we're just waiting for the clouds so that the flying displays can start.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

For being my first true air show, yesterday was an amazing experience. The aerial display itself was a little bit "off" due to the hour or so delay caused by the low clouds. They moved the first performance of the jet bus up to kill some time, but the delay meant that some of the acts needed to be shuffled around to accomodate the acts that were flying in from elsewhere. Thanks to cowens727 for letting me know about the show, and Joe for letting me know that this is not an annual event, that really pushed me over the edge to go. I'll post some pictures once I have a chance to sort through them all, probably in a couple days.
    Last edited by Landing Lights; 2012-08-05 at 02:58 PM.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]

No problem, glad to help out! I was a bit disappointed when I found out that by F4, they meant the Corsair, not the Phantom...but when I laid eyes on that beautiful FedEx B727, it more than made up for it...I ended up leaving at around 1pm on Saturday cause the light was crap and looked like it would stay crap...also it was hot as hell out there...all in all, though, it was a good time.

It was hot as hell. I had brought 4 bottles of water with me, 3 of which were frozen, and they were all gone by 11:30! The light got progressively better as the day went on I thought (even if it was high overhead) and while it stayed hazy with clouds around 10,000 it ended up getting to be very bright. For me, staying for the F18 demo at the end was well worth it. And yes, the beautiful FedEx 727 was incredible. It was very interesting to be able to walk around the cargo area, and when I went through it was the only aircraft without a line (let alone a huge one) to get into the flightdeck.
    On Twitter @blgranucci
    More photos on Flickr
    [email protected]