Thread: Air Force 1 to FRG?

Air Force 1 to FRG?

Just wishful thinking but....maybe?
    October 16 at Hofstra University one of the Presidential Debates is scheduled that evening.
    Fly one of the smaller aircraft into FRG like Mr. Bush did years ago then motorcade or even better, Marine 1 to Hofstra.
    Maybe?

Last time Obama spoke at Hofstra, he landed at LGA on the North American Airlines-charted 757. Although...he wasn't President then.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

HE'll fly to JFK on AF-1 and then take the Helos to Hofstra... my bet's in. What you wager?
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

As noted, during the 2004 Presidential Campaign, President Bush flew into FRG in the C-32.

In May 2008, before securing the Republican nomination, John McCain attended an event in Nassau County, and flew into FRG in the B6 E-190 his campaign was using.

For the Presidential debate at Hofstra in October 2008 (and kudos to Hofstra on scoring a debate two elections in a row!) McCain flew into FRG in the 737 his campaign was using at that point.

And as Phil said, then-Senator Obama flew into LGA. While I wasn't able to catch him that day, I did catch his arrival at LGA the previous month, when he attended the September 11 Memorial services.

It is possible that we could see Air Force 1 (C-32 version) at FRG for the debate, although it probably depends on how large a traveling party - including press, etc., that are scheduled to arrive for the debate.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    It is possible that we could see Air Force 1 (C-32 version) at FRG for the debate, although it probably depends on how large a traveling party - including press, etc., that are scheduled to arrive for the debate.
    Yup that could be the factor in determining whether we get FRG or JFK.

I'd be surprised if it was FRG. I think this one is still close enough that the white house will be authorizing a full boatload of media, which would suggest JFK, then marine one to somewhere near hofstra, maybe near the cradle of aviation or nassau colisseum or something like that, with a short limo ride to hofstra from there. Just guessing, but it feels like a real good guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    which would suggest JFK, then marine one to somewhere near hofstra, maybe near the cradle of aviation or nassau colisseum or something like that, with a short limo ride to hofstra from there.
    That would be fine!
    And there are a number of soccer fields at Hofstra to be used as an LZ.