Thread: Aboard American Airlines DC-3 Flagship Detroit Over New York

Aboard American Airlines DC-3 Flagship Detroit Over New York

Got to fly the American Airlines DC-3 "Flagship Detroit" out of JFK yesterday. Story coming soon, but here's the vid.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I am speechless............it must have been one heck of a ride. Looking forward to the story.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

when i flew into JFK the second time it was on the 22s coming and going on a lovely sunny haze fuzzed Saturday morning behind the yoke of N303SF aka "Mellow YellowII", an egg nog, trimmed in forest green former C47 , we were picking up a load coming out of a Lufthansa Cargo 747-200F nose loader,that sat nose raised on the tarmac while we waited patiently for our freight to clear customs ,whereupon we loaded , mounted up ,fired up,and serenaded Jamaica Bay,and the Rockaways with our round engine song, singing far and wide ,gently banking southward heading for Virginia and the Blue Ridge foothills with 3000 lbs securely tied down aft. Great memories !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

!!! That was one of the most anticipated landings ever !!! I was waiting and waiting and waiting LOL.

Nice stuff Matt, even though I had a feeling given your Instagram action yesterday :)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

that was incredible Matt, great job

Pretty cool that you flew directly over Midtown Manhattan. Did they get special clearance for that? And good timing on the flight as the storms coming in that day werent far away!!