Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How do i find Photo Id on Airlinres.net Rejection

How do i find Photo Id on Airlinres.net Rejection

Hey everyone,Just wondering How to find the photo id on Airliners.net? 20120629_z1340408005.1649unitedairlinescopyrightii .jpg would that be it?,Thanks for your help! if anyone responds Gladly appreciated

Lucas, not sure what you want.

-Do you want a link to YOUR own rejected image(s)? If so, go to your Photographers Corner (Main Menu > Photos > Photographer's Corner) and then click on rejected photos button.
    -Did you want to see the ID of a rejected photo such as that of an accepted one? There isn;t such a thing. Rejections are kept around in a special area for a few days and then are automatically removed.

For the ID of a photo that is accepted and in the database, you can get the id in a number of ways:

-URL
    The ID of the photo is embedded in the URL: http://www.airliners.net/photo/2132216/L/

-Thumbnail Banner
    While looking at the thumbnail view of photos in the db, the Photo ID is displayed at the top of the frame for each image

Last edited by gonzalu; 2012-07-15 at 06:44 AM.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

oh,Okay thanks for telling me i keep trying to reuplaod my photo to it,it keept saying i had wrong id or email which it was most likely the id...So do i re upload as REuploaded photo? or upload it again as a normal photo?
    Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post

-Do you want a link to YOUR own rejected image(s)? If so, go to your Photographers Corner (Main Menu > Photos > Photographer's Corner) and then click on rejected photos button.
    -Did you want to see the ID of a rejected photo such as that of an accepted one? There isn;t such a thing. Rejections are kept around in a special area for a few days and then are automatically removed.

For the ID of a photo that is accepted and in the database, you can get the id in a number of ways:

-URL
    The ID of the photo is embedded in the URL: http://www.airliners.net/photo/2132216/L/

-Thumbnail Banner
    While looking at the thumbnail view of photos in the db, the Photo ID is displayed at the top of the frame for each image

and i needed the Photo ID To my photo so i can use it as a re upload

-URL

-Thumbnail Banner

The re-upload function can be used only for images that have previously been accepted, and you are uploading an improved version of the already accepted image.

Because your image was rejected, it has to be uploaded as per the usual method and go through the screening period again.

Hope that helps.

Alright i just checked for a photo of mine that was listed as rejected Last night,I check back and its not there?does that mean it's been accepted?thanks for your help!
    Quote Originally Posted by alevik View Post
    The re-upload function can be used only for images that have previously been accepted, and you are uploading an improved version of the already accepted image.

Because your image was rejected, it has to be uploaded as per the usual method and go through the screening period again.

Hope that helps.

I appericate your help mate,:)sorry for the Spam!

-URL

-Thumbnail Banner

Lucas... here is how the process works

--You upload a new image for screening to be accepted or not based on the criteria...

On A.net home page, you click on PHOTOS > UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS

another sub-menu will appear... ignore it and just click Upload Your Photos. The one link in the sub-menu you should memorize or refer to very often is:

http://www.airliners.net/faq/rejection_reasons.php

--After agreeing to the rules page that comes up, (if you don't, you have to either close the browser, the tab or click on a new link or bookmark) you will receive the upload page

--MAKE SURE YOU SELECT A FILE in the file browse field. If you don't, A.net does NOT remember any of your entries and you will have to reload the page from scratch again.

The most important point here is to fill out as much as possible. Most important is to get the registration and airport code correct.
    The database will auto-fill most of the details for you correctly. If not, I suggest you DO NOT TRY to do it on your own until someone has shown you how to do it the first few times. Either ask here or ask in the A.net forums.

The DATE of the image is VERY IMPORTANT to fill as it will not do it for you.
    Adding a remark is encouraged but absolutely no necessary (encouragement is from me, not A.net)

Select whether or not you want to WATERMARK your image or not (I encourage you to do this and place it somewhere on the image where it isn't too distracting)

Give the page a once-over and hit the big long submit bar at the very bottom of the page and let er rip!

The resulting page lets you verify the information and double check everything.
    It also VERY IMPORTANTLY gives you an opportunity to further categorize the image being uploaded such as:

Night Shot
    Cockpit View
    Tail Shot
    Cargo Plane
    Prop Plane
    Bizjet

etc. etc. be careful and take your time. I suggest you look at already accepted photos of the same registration and select the same categories that were selected for that other image.

Once you're happy, hit the add button once again and

----

The wait begins. Once the image is screened, it will be either ACCEPTED or REJECTED.

If ACCEPTED, it will go away from any queues and live in the main database. It will now expose its unique ID and live among the rest of the photos as any other photo. It then begins a life of collecting views. Each time your photo is viewed, it gets demographic and other metadata information tagged with it.

If REJECTED, the photo is placed in a special TEMPORARY rejection area of the site and will be there for about a week or so before it AUTOMATICALLY gets DELETED from the A.net system. This area is useful to see the categories you selected as well as any messages the screeners left for you to know why it was rejected.

--TO EDIT and RE-UPLOAD the same image, you must think of it as a COMPLETELY BRAND NEW upload, ignore the previous rejected image altogether.

--The RE-UPLOAD function, as Pete stated, is solely for RE-UPLOADING a freshly and BETTER edited version of an ALREADY ACCEPTED photo in the database. I would NOT make this decision lightly... if the new image is found to be of worse quality, it will be rejected and your chances of the original being retained are in danger. I assume this would be useful for old scans or photographs that could be better edited today with better software and tools.

I hope that helps ... feel free to ask. That is the reason for this forum
    Manny Gonzalez

Haha thanks,I Was wondering if it got deleted or accepted,Dont you get a Confirmation or An email sent To them When it's gets accepted/Rejected? :) Appericate you help
    Lucas... here is how the process works

--You upload a new image for screening to be accepted or not based on the criteria...

On A.net home page, you click on PHOTOS > UPLOAD YOUR PHOTOS

another sub-menu will appear... ignore it and just click Upload Your Photos. The one link in the sub-menu you should memorize or refer to very often is:

http://www.airliners.net/faq/rejection_reasons.php

--After agreeing to the rules page that comes up, (if you don't, you have to either close the browser, the tab or click on a new link or bookmark) you will receive the upload page

--MAKE SURE YOU SELECT A FILE in the file browse field. If you don't, A.net does NOT remember any of your entries and you will have to reload the page from scratch again.

The most important point here is to fill out as much as possible. Most important is to get the registration and airport code correct.
    The database will auto-fill most of the details for you correctly. If not, I suggest you DO NOT TRY to do it on your own until someone has shown you how to do it the first few times. Either ask here or ask in the A.net forums.

The DATE of the image is VERY IMPORTANT to fill as it will not do it for you.
    Adding a remark is encouraged but absolutely no necessary (encouragement is from me, not A.net)

Select whether or not you want to WATERMARK your image or not (I encourage you to do this and place it somewhere on the image where it isn't too distracting)

Give the page a once-over and hit the big long submit bar at the very bottom of the page and let er rip!

The resulting page lets you verify the information and double check everything.
    It also VERY IMPORTANTLY gives you an opportunity to further categorize the image being uploaded such as:

Night Shot
    Cockpit View
    Tail Shot
    Cargo Plane
    Prop Plane
    Bizjet

etc. etc. be careful and take your time. I suggest you look at already accepted photos of the same registration and select the same categories that were selected for that other image.

Once you're happy, hit the add button once again and

----

The wait begins. Once the image is screened, it will be either ACCEPTED or REJECTED.

If ACCEPTED, it will go away from any queues and live in the main database. It will now expose its unique ID and live among the rest of the photos as any other photo. It then begins a life of collecting views. Each time your photo is viewed, it gets demographic and other metadata information tagged with it.

If REJECTED, the photo is placed in a special TEMPORARY rejection area of the site and will be there for about a week or so before it AUTOMATICALLY gets DELETED from the A.net system. This area is useful to see the categories you selected as well as any messages the screeners left for you to know why it was rejected.

--TO EDIT and RE-UPLOAD the same image, you must think of it as a COMPLETELY BRAND NEW upload, ignore the previous rejected image altogether.

--The RE-UPLOAD function, as Pete stated, is solely for RE-UPLOADING a freshly and BETTER edited version of an ALREADY ACCEPTED photo in the database. I would NOT make this decision lightly... if the new image is found to be of worse quality, it will be rejected and your chances of the original being retained are in danger. I assume this would be useful for old scans or photographs that could be better edited today with better software and tools.

I hope that helps ... feel free to ask. That is the reason for this forum

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Lucas View Post
    Dont you get a Confirmation or An email sent To them When it's gets accepted/Rejected?
    They do send out e-mails with your screening results, but it's been an on-going discussion on their photo forum about people not receiving notification. Since I rarely upload there anymore, and the few times I do I have received e-mails, I haven't paid too much attention to the discussion, but it is an issue for some people.

Oh..Strange i didn't get one either,They should send you so you dont have to go searching for There photo :P,is there any way of seeing if mine got accepted/Deleted?Thanks for your help by the way apericated it
    Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    They do send out e-mails with your screening results, but it's been an on-going discussion on their photo forum about people not receiving notification. Since I rarely upload there anymore, and the few times I do I have received e-mails, I haven't paid too much attention to the discussion, but it is an issue for some people,I have gotten The email of the Rejected but not accepted.
    Last edited by Just_Lucas; 2012-07-15 at 08:37 PM.

IGNORE TIS POST PLEASE

Lucas... in the Photographer's Corner, there is a Rejected Photos button just so you can see ... Moose is right, they have had issues with the notification system for years. It is a hit or miss so we just check the queue from time to time.
    Manny Gonzalez

And what's funny - I received e-mails about the 4 shuttle photos they rejected a few weeks ago, but they don't appear on my list of rejected photos...go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    And what's funny - I received e-mails about the 4 shuttle photos they rejected a few weeks ago, but they don't appear on my list of rejected photos...go figure.
    Did you just check it now, or right after they were rejected? Those get cleared out after a couple of weeks.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram