Thread: Azul's Special Colors

Azul's Special Colors

Hi, everyone!

Coming from Brazil, I thought I'd share some of my photos from my "previous spotter life". I'm sure you all know that Azul is David Nelemann's Brazilian version of JetBlue. It's an amazing airline and it has the advantage of having a spotter heading the Marketing/Communication department. As expected, there are a number of special liveries. Here are the ones I was able to photograph before moving to New York:

1. Azul "Tudo Azul" logojet - the plane promoting Azul's Frequent Flyer Program

2. Azul's one of the fastest growing airlines in the world. It has consistently broken the worldwide recorded as the carrier which has transported its 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and 15-millionth passenger in the shortest time since its foundation. Consequently, the carrier has adorned two E-Jets (1 Embraer 190 and 1 Embraer 195) with special titles.

3. Supporting the fight against breast cancer: Azul has painted two of its airplanes in an all-pink livery, supporting the fight against breast cancer. Overall, there were three airplanes: 1 Embraer 195, 1 ATR 72-200 (already returned to the lessor) and 1 ATR 72-600.

4. Nestlé Chocolate Logojets: Azul adorned a total of 15 Embraer 195 with three different Nestlé Chocolate motifs. These have already been removed by now.

5. 30 Years ATR: to celebrate ATR's 30th. Anniversary in 2011, Azul adorned one of its ATR 72-200 with a special, commemorative livery promoting ATR's 30th. Anniversary.

6. Azul Brasil: as a tribute to Brazil and introducing the new marketing campaign for the airline, Azul introduced a special "Brazil" logojet.

7. Azul Viagens: the Logojet which promotes Azul tour operator "Azul Viagens".

8. Going green: Azul also promotes sustainability with an all-green logojet.

9. 50 Airplanes: after having reached the milestone of receiving its 50th. airplane, Azul adorned an ATR 72-600 (the 50th. airframe the airline received) with special markings.

Finally, Azul does has two other special liveries flying around which I wasn't able to spot anymore and another two very, very special liveries are poised to make their debut in a couple of months.

Hope you liked it.

Cheers,
    Marcelo

The Pink embrarer reminds me of the Pink Delta currently flying..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Fantastic collection!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

I love the one of the green logo jet.

Great collection of photos, Marcelo! It's very interesting to see the creative colors Azul uses. Incidentally, the aircraft in your first photo, PR-AZL, was originally operated by jetBlue. It is one of two E190s that the airline sent to Azul.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Great collection of photos, Marcelo! It's very interesting to see the creative colors Azul uses. Incidentally, the aircraft in your first photo, PR-AZL, was originally operated by jetBlue. It is one of two E190s that the airline sent to Azul.
    Indeed, PR-AZL is formerly N288JB and the other former B6 aircraft is PR-AZA (ex N290JB). Additionally, the first two factory fresh Embraer 190 (PR-AZB and PR-AZC) Azul received are actually JetBlue NTU's.