Thread: United Airlines Unveils Special Livery for New Boeing 787 Dreamliner

Post United Airlines Unveils Special Livery for New Boeing 787 Dreamliner

NYCAviation:
    United Airlines Unveils Special Livery for New Boeing 787 Dreamliner

United Airlines on Monday presented a first glimpse of the special paint scheme that will appear on their new Boeing 787 Dreamliner fleet.
    The post United Airlines Unveils Special Livery for New Boeing 787 Dreamliner appeared first on NYCAviation.

[Click to Read Full Article]

Very nice... not a big fan of United per se, but this gold line swoosh is simple and elegant without being overly done. I would have picked the same blue as the tail and titles but, that's just me
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

I like it, but then I always liked COs then UA's new livery. Very professional looking.
    Gene Delaney

Eh, looks like just another unicon

If they really wanted to make it special they would've found a way to add the tulip somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    If they really wanted to make it special they would've found a way to add the tulip somewhere
    Why would they add back a logo that they conciously changed as part of a rebranding effort? They are repainting the fleet to avoid having mulitple color schemes and present a unified message, adding the tulip back would go against that effort.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Why would they add back a logo that they conciously changed as part of a rebranding effort? They are repainting the fleet to avoid having mulitple color schemes and present a unified message, adding the tulip back would go against that effort.

Because the tulip says United more than the Continental globe does, rebranding or not it's what people associate the carrier with. If they really wanted to start from scratch they should have come up with something completely different than either livery instead of hybridizing the two.

I get that they wanted to have one livery, I just hate what they went with. It screams, 'we were too lazy to come up with something brand new, so....here ya go, the two melted together!' AA didn't do it when they bought Trans World, Delta Didn't do it when they bought Northwest, and the list goes on.

William, I am not sure if finances are involved... but, in my experience, professional re-branding could cost millions of dollars in the CONSULTING ALONE! I know because I was involved in former employer's company re-branding after a merger. After the cost of the consulting firm that came up with the name, logos, letterhead, color scheme, etc. I recall one meeting where some chairs in the board room carved with the name of the old company would cost over 10,000 to re-do the logos. !! So, I can only imagine the titles change on the Conti fleet saved a ton of money. The United flee was already due for a re-paint so I bet they had it on the books already. Just a thought
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

PETER MAX 787!

Actually, a heritage United scheme scheme with the tulip would have been nice, but I like this as well. Nice to see their advanced training and parts stores for the type even before taking delivery. United may start earning my respect again soon. ;)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I was at Boeing this week and saw two UA 787's sitting around, no markings at all.

I took the tour and it took every muscle in my body not to take out my hidden camera to shoot the 787 production line. ANA in front, Ethiopian behind followed by Hainan and Lan.

Here are a few other bad shots from the two days, I didn't even bring my good camera.

Ethiopian 787

Some of the many aircraft sitting outside including a *A 777, anyone know who's?

This one, N458BJ departed as I was walking into the Future of Flight museum;

Drive by at BFI

Enjoy,

AJ
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!