Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida Spotting, May 2012 (Image Heavy)

Florida Spotting, May 2012 (Image Heavy)

Hi, guys! Figured I'd do another thread about my spotting in Florida since it's been a while since my last one! A few new worthy visitors, including the 747-8!

Let's start with MIA. All of these shots were taken from El Dorado Furniture location, along NW 12th St., near the threshold of Runway 09.

CX 747-8 is a regular visitor. The Hong Kong Trader comes in rather often, but I wasn't so lucky on this day!

Avior has three 737-200s they bring into Miami. One red scheme, one blue scheme, and one yellow scheme. I've only gotten the red one so far, but isn't she gorgeous?!

Another great classic that I finally got in motion after seeing her sitting at the cargo area every day for months!

SkyLease is enormous at MIA (along with their sister company Centurion Cargo) and these MD-11s are always spectacularly noisy.

One of my favorite liveries, and AB always uses Runway 09 when on easterly flow.

Mexican airline called Interjet. I love this livery!

Another cargo operator with a cool livery. Love the polished look and the logo on the tail.

One of two daily arrivals from MAD, this is a rare landing on 09 for IB (usually goes to 08R or 12).

Another rare Runway 09 arrival for BahamasAir, but a nice surprise!

A usual visitor, and one we get at JFK, but a great angle!

Now for some FLL action! These were taken from the plane viewing park near the threshold for Runway 09. An amazing location that I underestimated, so I only had my 100-400L, where my Sigma 50mm would have been the ideal lens. FLL is 95% WN/B6/DL/CO, but there are some surprises, as you'll see.

B6 E-190 holding short of 09L.

WN 737 with plugged eyebrow windows.

An awesome DC-3 (?) ready for takeoff. What a great noise this thing made! Too bad it was so far away on a stifling hot day.

I'd never heard of Silver Airways, but they're apparently a rather large organization. Interesting livery, too.

I had no idea Continetal (now United) Express operated Beech 1900D from anywhere! There is a little "Silver Airways" logo under the cockpit, so does anyone know whether this is UAX on behalf of Silver, or vice versa?

FLL tower.

My wheels in front of the action, showing just how close you are.

I'm very quickly starting to think FL may be the best state for plane-spotting. Many endorsed locations, a nice variety of traffic, and great weather and light all year-round!!

Enjoy! Comments always welcome!

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post

I'd never heard of Silver Airways, but they're apparently a rather large organization. Interesting livery, too.

I had no idea Continetal (now United) Express operated Beech 1900D from anywhere! There is a little "Silver Airways" logo under the cockpit, so does anyone know whether this is UAX on behalf of Silver, or vice versa?
    Silver is the new name for Gulfstream International. Nice pics...the Transcarga is a sweet catch.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Great set, nice job!
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Excellent shots

Hmm Florida West....didn't they used to fly 707's once upon a time

Nice variety there!

Interjet is coming to NY... and Transcarga, I am jealous! nice... Miami is South American Cargo heaven :-) Great set, Tis
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Really enjoyed that collection!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

nice catch of Transcarga Tis, I love the Silver Airways Saab!
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by nssd70 View Post
    Nice set. I'm heading to Miami for a day of planespotting at the end of July.
    Thanks. Hit me up when you get down here!

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Silver is the new name for Gulfstream International. Nice pics...the Transcarga is a sweet catch.
    Thanks for the info about Silver, I had no idea!

Quote Originally Posted by Roush6NY View Post
    Great set, nice job!
    Thanks, Kaz.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Excellent shots
    Thank you, sir. IDK about FloridaWest flying 707s. I'm too young, I think, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    Nice variety there!
    That's one of my favorite things about MIA/FLL. The variety is awesome, and changes day-to-day with all the maintenance on the North side. In the last weeks, I've seen everything from AF1 (no shots, sadly) to a JeJu Air 737NG.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Interjet is coming to NY... and Transcarga, I am jealous! nice... Miami is South American Cargo heaven :-) Great set, Tis
    Interjet in NY will be old news for me. Haha. I'll be out at Panera with you guys drinking my iced tea while you scramble to catch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Really enjoyed that collection!!! Thanks for sharing!
    Thanks, Phil. You'd particularly enjoy MIA and FLL. There are Shorts Skyvans and Shorts 360s coming in and out of here all the time (at least, I thought it was you who had an unhealthy obsession with them...)

Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR View Post
    nice catch of Transcarga Tis, I love the Silver Airways Saab!
    Thanks, Sergio. The Silver Airways was a sweet surprise.

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Nice photos,I'd say West palm is the Best casue you got The best view sense i do Live in Fl and i was Just at Pbia Last Week i gotta Edit and upload the Pics,haven't been to Mia yet,Is there a lot of Security around there? Never really go to Mia cause to far from Where i live Pbia is the closet Ia to me :P Nice photos mate well done

What kind of camera did you use to shoot these photos By the way? Looking for a new digital Camera To use mine is to old :S
    Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post
    Thanks. Hit me up when you get down here!

Thanks for the info about Silver, I had no idea!

Thanks, Kaz.

Thank you, sir. IDK about FloridaWest flying 707s. I'm too young, I think, haha.

That's one of my favorite things about MIA/FLL. The variety is awesome, and changes day-to-day with all the maintenance on the North side. In the last weeks, I've seen everything from AF1 (no shots, sadly) to a JeJu Air 737NG.

Interjet in NY will be old news for me. Haha. I'll be out at Panera with you guys drinking my iced tea while you scramble to catch it.

Thanks, Phil. You'd particularly enjoy MIA and FLL. There are Shorts Skyvans and Shorts 360s coming in and out of here all the time (at least, I thought it was you who had an unhealthy obsession with them...)

Thanks, Sergio. The Silver Airways was a sweet surprise.

TIS

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Lucas View Post
    Nice photos,I'd say West palm is the Best casue you got The best view sense i do Live in Fl and i was Just at Pbia Last Week i gotta Edit and upload the Pics,haven't been to Mia yet,Is there a lot of Security around there? Never really go to Mia cause to far from Where i live Pbia is the closet Ia to me :P Nice photos mate well done
    No security whatsoever as long as you're at the El Dorado spot, the 94th Aero Squadron, or the Holes. Other places have high fencing or police presence, but those two spots, as long as they're using an easterly flow, are spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Lucas View Post
    What kind of camera did you use to shoot these photos By the way? Looking for a new digital Camera To use mine is to old :S
    Most were shot using a Canon 50D + Canon 100-400L IS USM. A few were shot with a 5D Mk II (the ones with a vignette).
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

I do enjoy Shorts! I think I've only seen them once in my life!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Nice Speed3! Though I'm biased :-)