Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Online form to complain about aircraft noise"

"Online form to complain about aircraft noise"

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...oise-1.3812533

The Port Authority this week launched an online form for complaining about aircraft noise.

The agency on Tuesday started the Internet-based complaint form that allows users to describe in detail the aircraft noise they experience, Port Authority director Patrick Foye said yesterday. Previously, noise complaints had to be left on a telephone message hotline or by sending an email to the Federal Aviation Administration.

"We've tried to make it easier for both residents in New York and New Jersey who live near airports who believe they are affected by airport noise," Foye said after a meeting of the Port Authority's board of directors in Manhattan. "The reaction we've gotten from many residents is they appreciate the new ease of making complaints."

Residents of Nassau County communities under Kennedy Airport flight paths have sought a single, easy way to file noise complaints. The new form can be used for any of the three airports managed by the Port Authority: Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark Liberty in New Jersey.

The online forms allow users to include information about whether their problem involves aircraft noise, low-flying planes or vibrations caused by aircraft. The time of the noise issue, type of aircraft and which airport was involved, as well as general written comments, can be detailed with the online form.

The forms can be found on the Port Authority website, www.panynj.gov/contact/contact-us.html. The telephone complaint line, 800-225-1071, and email address, [email protected], will remain active and available, officials said.
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

I'm tempted to submit one that says 'that A380 is so damned loud I can't hear myself think'

I guess it's nice to give people an easy channel to air their grievances, but Port has no authority to regulate noise. I wonder if they're sharing these complaints with the FAA. Otherwise it's kind of pointless.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Let's continually flood them with complaints about Arik Air. Maybe we can get them to change the arrival time to something more sensible for spotting :)
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

i consider those, aviation party poopers
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

While the airport doesn't directly control runway usage or approach and departure procedures (obvs the FAA does that), the facility is responsible for addressing noise issues with the surrounding community. Most of the time that means sharing complaint info with the FAA, plotting out the areas of aircraft noise exposure and then collaborating on mitigation measures, which could include modified flight procedures, noise monitoring (which the Port already does) and in some cases sound insulation of areas near the airport considered to be incompatible with airport operations.

So yes the Port does share this info with the FAA as well as interested community groups. Given the volume of air traffic relative to the small amount of airspace around here, there aren't really any quick and easy solutions to these people's problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Let's continually flood them with complaints about Arik Air. Maybe we can get them to change the arrival time to something more sensible for spotting :)
    Very clever

Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    http://www.newsday.com/long-island/n...oise-1.3812533

The Port Authority this week launched an online form for complaining about aircraft noise.

The agency on Tuesday started the Internet-based complaint form that allows users to describe in detail the aircraft noise they experience, Port Authority director Patrick Foye said yesterday. Previously, noise complaints had to be left on a telephone message hotline or by sending an email to the Federal Aviation Administration.

"We've tried to make it easier for both residents in New York and New Jersey who live near airports who believe they are affected by airport noise," Foye said after a meeting of the Port Authority's board of directors in Manhattan. "The reaction we've gotten from many residents is they appreciate the new ease of making complaints."

Residents of Nassau County communities under Kennedy Airport flight paths have sought a single, easy way to file noise complaints. The new form can be used for any of the three airports managed by the Port Authority: Kennedy, LaGuardia and Newark Liberty in New Jersey.

The online forms allow users to include information about whether their problem involves aircraft noise, low-flying planes or vibrations caused by aircraft. The time of the noise issue, type of aircraft and which airport was involved, as well as general written comments, can be detailed with the online form.

The forms can be found on the Port Authority website, www.panynj.gov/contact/contact-us.html. The telephone complaint line, 800-225-1071, and email address, [email protected], will remain active and available, officials said.
    I get the sense, from you posting this and from Tweets you've made, that you actually don't like the airplane noise. True?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    I get the sense, from you posting this and from Tweets you've made, that you actually don't like the airplane noise. True?
    Oh no, I do. I just like passing on these pieces of news when I see them." However, I can see why the normal person would be upset at a heavy 742 cargo taking off at 4am. It is exceptionally loud here.

Oh no, I do. I just like passing on these pieces of news when I see them." However, I can see why the normal person would be upset at a heavy 742 cargo taking off at 4am. It is exceptionally loud here.

You know what I do at 4am when a plane is over my house. I check planefinder
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    You know what I do at 4am when a plane is over my house. I check planefinder
    Hahaha, yes! I have indeed done that. Or if im lazy I just check passur the next morning.

Hey,i resemble that remark, but JFK has been around since 1948, my people moved to South Ozone Park in '55, the noise today has nothing on the 1st generation screamers,707,DC8, CV880,990, equipped with straight turbojets and early turbofans that came over at 500 feet from dawn till late night heading for 13L, or the 3am maintenance run ups Pan Am used to do with the 707s,full power, guaranteed to wake the neighbors and dogs and cats.
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    I guess it's nice to give people an easy channel to air their grievances, but Port has no authority to regulate noise. I wonder if they're sharing these complaints with the FAA. Otherwise it's kind of pointless.
    The Port Authority has short memories (well 35 years isn't that long ago). They should revisit the Supreme Court ruling in the Port Authority's attempts to keep Concorde out in 1977 (DECLINED in a one word ruling), and the wonderful comment that the appeals court made just prior to the Supreme Court decision: "If ever there was a case in which a major technological advance was in imminent danger of being studied into obsolescence, this is it."

Can I use the form to request that they:
    Primarily use 22R.......
    with an extended final........
    shave about 500 ft off the approach.......
    and notify me with a HEADS-UP for anything special!!!!

Even though I live in the flight path of 22L and 22R, overall I don't find the noise all that troubling. Its those damn helicopters flying at 150 feet that are the troublemakers!