Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "Online form to complain about aircraft noise"

Quote Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
    Hey,i resemble that remark, but JFK has been around since 1948, my people moved to South Ozone Park in '55, the noise today has nothing on the 1st generation screamers,707,DC8, CV880,990, equipped with straight turbojets and early turbofans that came over at 500 feet from dawn till late night heading for 13L, or the 3am maintenance run ups Pan Am used to do with the 707s,full power, guaranteed to wake the neighbors and dogs and cats.
    Sir, please consider me as interested in the first time travel flight to taking paying passengers back to this time- but I need to be able to take a camera that can autofocus with me or the deal is off

[QUOTE=megatop412;470502]Sir, please consider me as interested in the first time travel flight to taking paying passengers back to this time- but I need to be able to take a camera that can autofocus with me or the deal is off[/QUOT

Exotica back then was the last of the big props,Connies,and DC7Cs , Loftleidir CL44s,BOAC VC10s, Soviet and Eastern bloc IL-62s, the 747s showed up in'70, and most of the 1st generation was gone by the 80's, I think spotting still rocks today, with the late lamented Wunala Dreaming the equivalent of BNs Calder DC8,and all the 777s, A340 and 380s, MD11s,and of course 747s ,Classic and otherwise are amazing airchines,JFK is still my favorite place in the world to spot, followed by LAX,MIA, and ANC, in a lot of ways ANC is the best ,combining round engines, turbofans,floats , and tailwheels in one gorgeous locale,Cheers !!!
    The beehive hummm of the JT9D and GE CF680C2,the thunder of the JT8D-17,the rumble of the PW1830 and the high ,thin whine of the PW 545A are all music to my ears!