Thread: Open Letter to NYC Council Member Fernando Cabrera

Open Letter to NYC Council Member Fernando Cabrera

Councilman Cabrera,

Some news organizations are spreading allegations that you are presenting legislation to rename the Willis Avenue Bridge after Former Mayor David Dinkins!

Don't worry, I know better than to listen to them. I know you're smarter than to want to rename ANYTHING after one of the worst mayors that NYC has seen in the last quarter century, who did nothing to improve the city during dark and crime-filled times. Not to mention wasting millions of citizens' tax dollars on new signs and everything that goes into renaming a bridge. What an unnecessary and useless act that would be, and to waste time on legislation while so many actual problems are going on in our city! Surely you can see why I'm hurt that local news agencies would attack you in such a way.

I've CCed fellow Councilman Dan Halloran, who represents my town in Queens, who I am sure will also be amazed at such ugly accusations.

I hope you get out there and tell people that's not true!

At your service,

-Phil Derner, Jr.
    College Point, NY
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

I met Mayor Dinkins personally and worked for his Health Commissioner, Woody Meyers. He was a good person, aside from his political views and capabilities.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Someone on Twitter said it is a waste of money, clearly for political favors, and will confuse motorists. I don't see any benefits for reasons for doing it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

I think that was David Abbey on Twitter, and he is right. Just changing out all the signs for bridges costs millions of dollars. (though probably less for a smaller bridge like this)
    Follow me on Twitter and friend me on Facebook.

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Nice letter Phil. Yes we really do not need to change the name of anything right now. Especially him.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol