Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Your Daily Commute

Your Daily Commute

What's your daily commute like?

With my new job, I am lucky enough to where I can drive, take the subway a few stop, or ride a bike, depending on my mood/schedule/weather.

The train is actually the slowest...walking to the training and waiting for it, making my commute about 30mins. Otherwise, driving is less than 10mins and I do it in about 15mins by bike.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

With the schools out, commute is about 20 mins. by car (no option of bus, rail, etc without it being a massive issue) both to and from work - when the schools are in session, commute to work is around 40 mins and commute home is around 30 mins - of course, all this being dependent of the self-centered Fort Lauderdale drivers.. :)
    Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

Program Coordinator
    Good question.

Until recently it was a five minute drive oe 35 minute walk...now that our office has moved downtown it's a ten minute drive in (25 minute drive out) and $5/day to park...or I can take the bus which averages 25 minutes and includes about a mile worth of good-for-me walking.

Working in Midtown Manhattan these days, and if I time it right, it's about 1+15 door to door. A 2 minute drive to the LIRR (I could walk it, but I'm usually dragging a laptop and such in my bag) Express from Syosset to Penn Station, usually takes 45 minutes, then one stop on the 1/2/3 to Times Square, and the Shuttle to Grand Central, with a 3 block walk to the office. I can leave the house at 7:15am, and if the subways work out right, can be in office at 8:30. Heading home is a little longer, only because of scheduling on the LIRR eastbound.

Very soon, however, after one long commute, I'll have a 5 minute (or less) drive to the office...

I live in the Riverdale section of The Bronx. I work in Washington Heights by the GWB. I can drive or take public transportation or bike. If I drive, even with slight traffic, it can be a 5 minute commute. 45 minutes by Public Transport. Biking it? not sure... although I have walked it but never timed it :(

I USED to work out of City Hall for a number of years and that commute was atrocious by car, decent by Public Transportation but never happy about it.

In yet a previous commute, I had to drive about 1.2 hours from home to the office, no traffic, slightly past the double-nickel speed limit
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    What coincidence as I timed my commute this morning prior to seeing this thread.

17:34 From the moment I pulled out of the driveway to the second prior saying good morning to my first patient. And that was with some cloying traffic.

13 minutes on Saturday morning. I love Sat mornings. I can spring out of bed at 8:24, shower, eat w/ the fam and jump in the car at 8:54, arriving at 9:06am and the first patient is just about entering the exam room.

I've been timing it as our house is now up for sale and I am desperately lamenting that my commute may grow to 20 minutes....
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I have no set commute, my office is in Farmingdale, but I don't work there. During the busy season I am at a different location each day. I've have been to locations that are 5 minutes away and locations that are 2 hrs away.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

My typical commute from Huntington to Midtown is usually 100 minutes each way. I can tell you from experience that it gets old really fast!

Mario, you tart your day seeing patients that fast? No settling in time or work to do beforehand?

When I get to work, it takes me about 20 minutes just to set up my computer station. haha
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Drive to Hicksville LIRR , express into Penn Station, short walk to subway on 6th Ave to Upper East Side. Goes anywhere from an hour 15 to an hour 25. Home about the same maybe 5 or so minutes longer. Of course this all depends on the wonderful LIRR which recently has seen a lot of problems with signals and switches (including this AM on the Pt Washington branch). They then become known as the Long Island Fail Road!!!
    BTw I've been doing this for almost 14 years now. Before that I lived in Forest Hills which was a quick 35 minutes or so. But I dont complain (so much) as I enjoy living on L.I. which I feel is a better quality of life for myself and my family especially the schools. BTW my youngest (and last) just graduated from HS so does that mean I still have to pay the school tax?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Mario, you Start your day seeing patients that fast? No settling in time or work to do beforehand?

When I get to work, it takes me about 20 minutes just to set up my computer station. haha

Absolutely! I walk right in, throw down my keys, put on my lab coat and hit the ground running. Sometimes I've gone in so fast that some of our employees didnt even see me come in!

My partner has it even better...90 seconds, door to door.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    My commute is a rough one, especially when it's raining. On average, it takes about ten to fifteen seconds. I have to head out the door and then make that dreaded commute across the lawn to the garage where my shop is. Occasionally, my commute is delayed when something takes off of runway 14, because I stop to look up.

From where I used to live in PA it would take me an hour and 15 to get into Center City Philly and an hour and a half to get back home, half was driving and half was train. A crappy, inefficient train.

After I got divorced I got smart and moved into Jersey near the Hi-Speed Line. 37 mins door to door each way, including small drive(or bike ride) to the Patco station.

Now, I have no commute as I have been laid off. Hoping to not have to go back to a crazy commute with the next employer

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Very soon, however, after one long commute, I'll have a 5 minute (or less) drive to the office...
    Where you moving to?

Walk out of my driveway, a long 10 minute to walk to school, that's it!
    Adam Sheinhaus