Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Daily Commute

Quote Originally Posted by USAF Pilot 07 View Post
    Where you moving to?
    Charlotte, NC

Let's see.....it depends. If I decide to work at my office located in Garden City, it turns out to be approx. 30mins (an this is around 5:30am), coming home tends to be a tad longer. There are times when I decide to work from home (the only commute there is the commute to the bathroom). When I was located in Wayne, NJ my killer commute was 2 hours. I drove, then I decide to switch to taking MTA trains and a NJ Transit bus and that took around 2.5 hours but at least I got a chance to sleep.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Phil, 13:07.1 this morning from pulling out of the driveway to saying good morning to the front desk!

Going to miss that!
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

When I worked for NAA and had the 5am starts, I'd make the drive in less than 10 minutes easy down the Van Wyck. The variable was one red light.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Charlotte, NC
    Wow, John you are leaving the confines of Long Island? Good luck. Spotting in these parts wont be the same!!
    And what the hell is Fred going to do without you?

Twelve minute drive for me... although there are days it becomes twenty because I have to be stuck behind someone doing ten under the speed limit (and you can't legally pass them)...

Anyplace between 3.5 hours and 15 mins depending on which house I am coming from for the airline. An hour if I LIRR it to work, 15 to 20 if I drive from Long Beach, 3.5 including the drive to SRQ if it's a week I am commuting from Fla on, about 2.5 if I am commuting from Lake Norman. For my second job, I live exactly 843 feet from door to door in NY so it depends on if I get to park ave and get a bad traffic light timed up.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

30-35 minutes door to door depending on traffic. Car only, no mass transit available for my route.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    What's your daily commute like?

With my new job, I am lucky enough to where I can drive, take the subway a few stop, or ride a bike, depending on my mood/schedule/weather.

The train is actually the slowest...walking to the training and waiting for it, making my commute about 30mins. Otherwise, driving is less than 10mins and I do it in about 15mins by bike.
    Hour fifteen if all goes well from rockaway into midtown. Then again if I drive to Howard beach and leave the car there, when I get back, I can stop at the Howard beach spots for a bit on the way home. Then again, if I go straight home on the express bus I can either get some photos from my porch or next to the cross bay. Sort of depends on what runways are being used and how much motivation I have. It's tough to jump in the car for a 10 or so minute drive when I can just stand on the porch with a cold beverage and a game on in my living room. : P. but sometimes the big sweeping left off of 31L is hard to resist when it's so low.

-TJ

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    Charlotte, NC
    Good luck. Your photos are amazing. I'm sure they'll be just as amazing from the south.

Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    Good luck. Your photos are amazing. I'm sure they'll be just as amazing from the south.
    Thank you! I've already checked out the airport observation area and museum at CLT, so I think I'll have some opportunities...

Mine is pretty easy if there is no traffic. I live in Whitestone and the office is in Long Island City, right by the 59th St Bridge, about 8 Miles door to door. The grand central is what kills me in the afternoon that makes a 20 min drive almost 45. But, the bright side of me being stuck in traffic, is that I get to watch LGA traffic
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY