Thread: Paris CDG / ORY / LBG 23rd - 25th June 2012

Paris CDG / ORY / LBG 23rd - 25th June 2012

Hey everybody!

Some new pics from me - this time I was in Paris.

06/23/2012 – CDG

At around 5:30am after a six hour ride we started taking pictures at CDG's northern runways. Unfortunately the sky was covered by clouds. Far away at Air France's maintenance area we could see an Orenair B772, but it was impossible to take a picture of it.

Here we go:

9M-MRA

F-GZCD

OK-SWX

F-GUGG

OH-LKN

G-EUOH

Now we decided to change the position to the other side of the runways for the case the sun would come out.

F-RAJB

the position

C-GCTS

F-RADA

F-GZNN

N175DZ

JA708J

F-GITI

5Y-KQX

F-OSUN

B-HOV

TJ-CAC

TC-JJF

After rush hour was over and after a short lunchtime we were looking for a position at the southern runways. We drove along the runway when we saw an A346 in the final approach. We moved the car right, grabbed our cams, jumped out of the car, climbed onto a wall and finally we got this one with sun:

A6-EHJ

SP-ENE

SU-BPV

SU-GDV

EC-LEQ

In the evening we chose the same position as in the morning at the northern runways and now there were only some small clouds left.

VQ-BLR

SX-DVQ

N619FE

D4-CBP

to be continued...
    Last edited by Sebastian G.; 2012-06-27 at 06:16 PM.
    Kind regards,
    Sebastian

My Homepage: www.airliners-spotting.weebly.com (in german only)

06/24/2012 – LBG / ORY / CDG

On Sunday we wanted to do the 'Orly' airport in the south of Paris. On the way we decided to make a short stop at the business and government airport 'Le Bourget'. There was some very nice stuff on the apron. Unfortunately it was impossible to photograph some aircrafts because of other aircrafts were parked in front ot them. But nevertheless we could take some pictures like these both:

5U-BAG

HZ-AB3

Now we continued our ride to Orly where it started to rain.

CS-TEX – now without its Oman Air basic colors and operated by Royal Air Maroc

F-HBEV – old colors

F-HDGK – new colors

Then we were chased away by the police and we have to change our position from the fence to a hill far away from the runway. Reason was a guy who shot some doves near the runway. Now and then a dove fell down after it was hit by a bullet as you can see at the following picture:

CN-RGA

And in the evening we got this not yet shot dove

G-EUPD

to be continued...
    Kind regards,
    Sebastian

06/25/2012 – LBG / CDG

On Monday we decided to do a whole day at 'Le Bourget'. The first time I was at an airport without any flight information. As we reached the airport, the private DC-8 VP-BHS was taxiing on the apron and were parked on a very bad parking position. So we missed it. Ten minutes earlier at the airport and we had got it in the final approach.

VP-BHS

N767A - was also parked on a bad position

But there were some other doable aircrafts:

9H-BBJ

5U-BAG

TU-VAO

After the B727 was gone, we went back to the apron. We asked an airport employee whether he has some information about the DC-8. He invited us to visit him in the ATC office after his lunchtime. So after an hour we visited him. I gave him the registrations VP-BHS and N767A and he gave me a departure time for the N767A for 4pm and after some phone calls he gave me the time for VP-BHS. 12pm on the following day. So we would miss it.
    Frustrated we left 'Le Bourget' and do 'Charles de Gaulle' for the rest of the day:

F-HBXP

OK-LEF

JA732A - with 15mm

G-GDFK

F-GSEU

3B-NBE

9A-CTI – now with new 15 years StarAlliance sticker

TC-JNB

XA-APB

ES-ACD

G-CELU

B-2031

N850FD

N727FD

LN-RCT

N919FD

Gear of a FedEx MD-11

F-GIUA

A7-AGC

After the clouds covered the sky again we left Paris heading back home to Germany.

As always I hope you enjoyed this trip report.
    Kind regards,
    Sebastian

Wow, great variety there...nice set! Did you have to ask for permission/get cleared before spotting at some/all of the airports?
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Thanks!
    Yep I had ordered a permission in 2010 (valid for lifetime).
    You need a permission to take pictures at CDG and LBG (not for ORY). But unfortunately no more permissions are issued and the permissions are non-transferable. So it's hard to go spotting at CDG without a permission because the military comes round several times a day to check the permission. But I don't know what will happen if you don't have any.

LBG is easier to do without permission - I've never seen any police/military/security at LBG while my stays. And at ORY taking pictures is allowed anyway without permission but sometimes the police send you away from the fence.
    Kind regards,
    Sebastian

Program Coordinator
    I'm amazed that you've gotten more in three days time than I've gotten in Seattle in 3 years - and Seattle is good to us in terms of unique carriers!

So they simply don't issue permission slips anymore? That'd be unfortunate and a major decision in whether to make a stay for spotting...

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Wow, great variety there...nice set! Did you have to ask for permission/get cleared before spotting at some/all of the airports?
    Carey, I got mine thru local spotting group....

http://www.kerozen.org/

And yes the Grandmere & Military will often ckeck IDs. Your name must be on their list or else they will remove you or worst take you in for questioning.

The above spot is Meteo (weather station). Also the center spot next to Sofitel is awesome as fence is below ground level!

http://jetphotos.net/viewphoto.php?id=6832031&nseq=30

Raj

Quote Originally Posted by CX777 View Post

Also the center spot next to Sofitel is awesome as fence is below ground level!

Raj

I'm sorry, but this position is history. They removed the meadow and replaced it by a new parking area. I've heard that its still possible to take pictures a few meters right next to the Concorde. (fence is also below ground level)

I've been there in 2010:
    http://www.jetphotos.net/viewphoto.p...918002&nseq=10
    Kind regards,
    Sebastian

Quote Originally Posted by CX777 View Post
    Carey, I got mine thru local spotting group....

http://www.kerozen.org/

And yes the Grandmere & Military will often ckeck IDs. Your name must be on their list or else they will remove you or worst take you in for questioning.

The above spot is Meteo (weather station). Also the center spot next to Sofitel is awesome as fence is below ground level!

Raj
    Very useful information thanks for the link.