Thread: Mosaic Creation Program

Mosaic Creation Program

After looking at some of my (way too numerous) photos from Memorial Day weekend, my significant other suggested I compile them into a program that would turn them into a mosaic of one of my better photos. I'm looking online tonight to see what's out there, but I figured I'd fire off a quick note to the photo junkies here to ask if there's any you folks have used and/or one you'd suggest. Free or cheap in terms of generating the image would obviously preferable as I'd assume I'd have to pick up some cost for actually having the tangible project printed.

Thanks for any suggestions you may have. I use PC and not apple btw, for those it might matter to.

-TJ

Paging Dr. Miller...Fred did something like this for Felix 101, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction.

I made a bunch of these, But since Moose mentioned Felix

Close up Crop

Andrea Mosaic...and its FREE!!! LINK HERE
    Last edited by Derf; 2012-06-13 at 08:51 PM.
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Can't say I know of any mosaic programs, but dang Fred, that's awesome!

Fred:

I took a quick look at the program and I think it may suit my needs. Thanks so much. That Tomcat mosaic is fantastic by the way. I was able to be there for the arrival that day and it's a day I'll never forget. Sadly, my camera was an even bigger piece of junk than my current one, so the only decent photos I have that day are two from on the ramp.

I've decided that with all the photos I've taken over the past three years, I might have enough to generate two: one of all the military aircraft photos I've taken and one of the civil. When I looked at my files though I realized I didn't have enough of the airliners and GA birds to fill out a second. Too bad I don't live anywhere near a major international airport or any GA airports of note ...*sarcasm* ..... looks like I'll be possibly running into you folks somewhere by JFK and/or FRG sooner or later.

Thanks again for the info; I knew you folks would have a great suggestion.
    -TJ