Thread: CNN Article that leaves out all or at least most of the East Coast options

CNN Article that leaves out all or at least most of the East Coast options

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/08/travel...ml?hpt=hp_bn10

You'll notice the omission of the Intrepid, AAM, and Cradle, amongst others. I thought one of you folks who either works or volunteers at one of them might want to "educate" the folks at CNN that NYS and the rest of the Notrtheast has some aviation treasures as well.

I was also largely disappointed that it was heavily tilted towards military. It doesn't mention any of the graveyards for commercial airliners - which are far more interesting to me.

As a side note to this interesting topic, bringing debate and personal attack in threads is not allowed. Bringing 'old' topics of debate into new threads is not a loophole to continue arguing after the original one ended.

Now back to our regularly scheduled program....

It was a bit more military-leaning for the most part. But they only mentioned like 4 places...they left out a ton of great places around the nation.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    As a side note to this interesting topic, bringing debate and personal attack in threads is not allowed. Bringing 'old' topics of debate into new threads is not a loophole to continue arguing after the original one ended.

It was a bit more military-leaning for the most part. But they only mentioned like 4 places...they left out a ton of great places around the nation.
    And on an also interesting note, it was a re-run. I am pretty absolutely sure I saw that exact same article, or a very similar one about a year ago...

CNN does that from time to time on slow news days. You'll look at an article on the front page and when you open it up it'll have a date from a few months back

I can't argue with any of the choices on his list. Yes, we have some very nice places in this area, but as much as I love the AAM, if I had a choice between visiting it or Edwards AFB, I'd be on the first plane to California. I'm not familiar with what they have at the museum in Dallas, but pretty much everything else on his list is a "must visit" for aviation junkies.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post

Sorry if this was seen as looking to stir anything up. I was just disappointed in their lack of coverage of the northeast. I thought some of the folks here who work at, volunteer at, or otherwise were more directly associated with the local places of interest to aviation enthusiats than I am were better suited to bring this issue to CNN's attn if they so chose.

I'll try to be more judicious in the future and/or make clear why I posted anything if it crosses my mind that it might seem to run afoul of your guidelines Phil.
    Last edited by TJK; 2012-06-08 at 06:13 PM.

You did nothing wrong, this is completely fine and it wasn't directed at you. Other posts were made that were moderated/removed.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Ok, just checking. I really enjoy this site and did NOT want to make any waves. Thx for clarifying.

I assume mine was OK as well; I have to admit I was a bit surprised by your comment when I first read it, but if it refers to posts that were removed, then probably deserved.