Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Flight movie Trailer

"Loosely" in that no one survived in the real version... Alaska Flight 261. Surprised I didn't think of that after watching this trailer.

Still eager to see it.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    I've always lived a pretty clean lifestyle. However, very early in the film, between the film soundtrack and the roles, I could see it was a flick about addiction.
    There's not much in it from the perspective of aviation at all. But a very good movie, some great actors and roles.
    We just saw it today. The aviation sequences in the beginning are harrowing and well done. And I was wondering where they were going to go after that and realized like Mario it was an intense drama about
    one mans battle with his demons. As usual Denzel gives an Oscar winning performance and in fact all the performances were excellent!!

I thought it was based on the canadian pilot that glided the plane after having issues with fuel pump selectors out in the ocean.. A reporter had found some unsavory issues from earlier in the pilot's life..?

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    Phil, very loosely.....as in only the concept of the jack screw was utilized.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

I am a Denzel Washington Fan for one, My girlfriend and i plan to see flight this coming week for my birthday.
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    Phil, very loosely.....as in only the concept of the jack screw was utilized.
    The pilots in the Alaska crash also inverted the aircraft.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    The pilots in the Alaska crash also inverted the aircraft.
    Was the inversion due to the actions of the flightcrew? I was always under the impression the inversion was the result of loss of control due to the complete loss of mechanical linkage between the stabilizer and the servos. Such that the motions of the aircraft leading to inverted flight were not not able to be influenced by the crew, for better or worse. A silly question 12 years later perhaps but...I always thought those pilots were complete victims of the jackscrew failure.

On Alaska 261, once the jackscrew failed for good, the plane went into a near vertical dive and as a last ditch effort the pilot tried to invert it. From what Ive read and seen of the crash material, the pilots werent complete victims, per se becaause after the jackscrew initially jammed, their actions to try and Unjam it may have lead to its total failure. Cant blame them for that, though. They really had no idea that their actions were making the situation worse.

right they had no idea about the jackscrew being jamed on the stablizer. From what I understand too is that the aircraft was completely done. There was nothing the pilots would have done to save the plane. Flight 261 would have had the try to land at LAX but it was too late. I remembered shortly after the crash, many MD-80s series were inspected for any similor thing then went back to service. RIP to the crew and PAX that were aboard AS261..
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15