Thread: DSLR @ Yankees Stadium

DSLR @ Yankees Stadium

All,

I'll be in NY for a few days at the end of September / start of October. As part of my trip, I have tickets to go see the Yankees play the Red Sox at Yankees stadium.
    From what I can see on the Yankees website, it seems a DSLR is allowed into the stadium for a game. However due to the bag sizes allowed, big glass wouldn't be.

Has anyone here taken a DSLR to Yankees stadium for a game? What lenses did you take?

I'd be looking to take a 1DIV with a 17-40 and 70-200 2.8 + 1.4x and 2x convertors in with me for the game.

Got tickets on the upper tier above the home plate dugout for $30 which compared to sporting events in the UK is a steal.

Regards

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by McG View Post
    All,

I'll be in NY for a few days at the end of September / start of October. As part of my trip, I have tickets to go see the Yankees play the Red Sox at Yankees stadium.
    From what I can see on the Yankees website, it seems a DSLR is allowed into the stadium for a game. However due to the bag sizes allowed, big glass wouldn't be.

Has anyone here taken a DSLR to Yankees stadium for a game? What lenses did you take?

I'd be looking to take a 1DIV with a 17-40 and 70-200 2.8 + 1.4x and 2x convertors in with me for the game.

Got tickets on the upper tier above the home plate dugout for $30 which compared to sporting events in the UK is a steal.

Regards

Mark
    I've had no problems bringing my DSLR and my 100-400 to Yankee Stadium.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Thanks Eric, I should be ok then.