Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Schedule: Space Shuttle Enterprise On the Move from JFK to Intrepid

Post Full Schedule: Space Shuttle Enterprise On the Move from JFK to Intrepid

Enterprise is on the move this morning according to ABC news.

probably just getting prepped for barge placement next week.
    Last edited by eric8669; 2012-06-01 at 08:55 AM.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

It's going to start it's journey on the barge to the Intrepid on Sunday according to this schedule:

http://www.newyorkology.com/archives...prise_barg.php

I am thinking that another trip to NY might be in order......gotta check my schedule
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Post Full Schedule: Space Shuttle Enterprise On the Move from JFK to Intrepid

NYCAviation:
    Full Schedule: Space Shuttle Enterprise On the Move from JFK to Intrepid

With its move across Kennedy Airport Friday morning, Space Shuttle Enterprise has begun the final leg of its journey to the Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum in New York, a leg which will take several days.
    [Click to Read Full Article]
    With its move across Kennedy Airport this morning, Space Shuttle Enterprise has begun the final leg of its journey from the Smithsonian in Washington DC to the Intrepid Sea Air and Space Museum in New York, a leg which will take a few days.

Here's a full schedule:

On Saturday, June 2, beginning no earlier than 4 pm, Enterprise will be lifted by crane and placed onto the barge. Craning takes approximately three hours.

On Sunday, June 3, at 7:45 a.m., the barge carrying Enterprise will depart JFK, towed by a Weeks Marine tugboat, and will travel along the shore of Queens and Brooklyn, passing the Gil Hodges Memorial Bridge at 3:30 p.m.; Coney Island at 4:19 p.m.; and under the Verrazano Bridge at 5:34 p.m. before docking at Weeks Marine in Port Elizabeth, NJ at 6:00 p.m.

On Monday, June 4, the barge and shuttle will remain at Weeks Marine in Port Elizabeth, NJ.

On Tuesday, June 5, at 9:15 a.m., the barge and shuttle will leave Weeks Marine, passing the Statue of Liberty at 9:50 a.m.; the World Trade Center at 10:40 a.m.; and travel up the Hudson River, completing its journey at the Intrepid Museum at 11:30 a.m. where it will be lifted by crane onto the flight deck and put into position facing the Hudson River. Craning operation takes three hours.

Enterprise will be open to the public beginning July 19th.

Note: All times and dates are dependent on weather and tide conditions.
    Last edited by Matt Molnar; 2012-06-01 at 01:01 PM.

Does anyone have any info of possible places to park in Red Hook inorder to see the Shuttle pass by the Statue of Liberty ?

Wait, so we get barge shots of the shuttle on Sunday and Tuesday separated by the inaugural Hawaiian flight on Monday? What a cool couple of days. See you folks then

Message posted today by the Intrepid museum:

''All fans of space shuttle Enterprise will be happy to know that the NASA’s first space shuttle orbiter is bound for Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.

After her ferry flight from Dulles to John F. Kennedy airport on April 27, 2012, space shuttle Enterprise will now employ yet another mode of transportation—barge—to complete her journey home and arrive safely in Manhattan.

The journey begins today when Enterprise, atop the trailer she was placed on after being de-mated from the NASA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft (SCA) 747, is rolled from her current location under the protective Radiant Aviation Hangar to a near-water location at John F. Kennedy (JFK) International Airport. Tonight, preparations will be made to lift Enterprise by crane and place her on to the barge in the early afternoon on Saturday, June 2.

Enterprise fans from Coney Island to Clinton are invited to watch this modern marvel float from Jamaica Bay to New York Harbor. On Sunday, June 3rd the space shuttle is scheduled to depart John F. Kennedy airport at 7:45am and make its way around Brooklyn. Projected look out points include the Rockaways, Coney Island, Bay Ridge. The barge is set pass under the Verrazano Bridge around 5:30pm before it docks overnight in Bayonne, New Jersey. Here, crews will prepare space shuttle Enterprise for the second leg of her journey.

It is not until Tuesday, June 5th that Enterprise will continue up the Hudson River. She is scheduled to depart Bayonne at approximately 9:15am and sail past the Statue of Liberty and Freedom Tower before she reaches her final destination at Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum.''

Which location would be better for photos, the west side waterfront or across the river in Jersey ?
    Last edited by alberchico; 2012-06-01 at 03:43 PM.
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

On Monday, the Shuttle will be transferred to a different barge at the Bayonne Dry Dock. The problem is what time will this transfer take place ? Naturally, the weather looks unsettled this weekend and that could shake-up all the schedules.

They forgot to add "It'll cost you $50 per person to see that and the Concorde when you come to Intrepid."
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Senior Member Fighting_falcon_51's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve1840 View Post
    I am thinking that another trip to NY might be in order......gotta check my schedule
    DON'T.

It will end up raining.
    http://www.kjpgallery.com << Photography Collection
    http://www.nyasinfo.com << Jones Beach Airshow Information (Updates continue in November)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    They forgot to add "It'll cost you $50 per person to see that and the Concorde when you come to Intrepid."
    I'm done with my love affair with that museum. They used to give a charity I was associated with a good rate for a huge fundraiser for young professionals that used to raise over $200k every year. After the refit, the rate to use the ship suddenly more than doubled. Pathetic. They invested so much in getting the refit down its now being run purely from the bottom line point of view. They should lose their 501(c)(3) status as far as I'm concerned.

Needless to say ill still disappear from the office for an hour on Tuesday to get a photo ... or 10.

The Museum also got rid of the Iwo Jima flag-raising replica however they were the only NYC institution that wanted a Concorde to display. I attended a free Memorial Day service last week and even got seated and free bottles of water.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_falcon_51 View Post
    DON'T.

It will end up raining.
    Hercules! Hercules!
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S View Post
    Does anyone have any info of possible places to park in Red Hook inorder to see the Shuttle pass by the Statue of Liberty ?
    You should have a decent view from the pier next to Ikea in Red Hook. Lots of parking there.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9