Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Full Schedule: Space Shuttle Enterprise On the Move from JFK to Intrepid

http://www.newyorkology.com/archives...prise_barg.php

Will head down to the water probably just before 11 to get some shots of her arriving by 11:30, then leave the craning photos to those who were able to take the day off. Anyone going to be on the pier just south of Intrepid or is everyone going to the parking garage for the cruise ships just north?

That link is outdated, TJK. It's moving Wednesday I heard.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Great. Thanks for saving me the early lunch, Phil.
    If my work schedule allows, I may swing by your event Thursday.
    Hope to meet some of you; I really enjoy all your photos.

Looks like it's going to be a short lead time on her arrival based on the weather/tides.
    Last edited by TJK; 2012-06-05 at 09:48 AM.

So does this mean that the wing will be repaired before it opens to the public on July 19 ? Could that delay the opening ?

So the grand finale is still on for Wednesday morning right ?
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    So does this mean that the wing will be repaired before it opens to the public on July 19 ? Could that delay the opening ?
    I doubt it will take long to fix.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Amazing shots. Wish you were around in the 80's when I went every weekend alone to Rock Blvd. Waiting for all the 747s and 2 Concordes. It was fun but had no car and lots of biting mosquitoes and ticks. Got great Kodacolor photos.

I was planning to watch from Battery Park as she cruises up past the Statue. I might go instead to the pier on 44 St but my fear is it might be very crowded especially with school classes watching. If places by the Hudson are crowded, the view would be blocked. My plan is Battery Park then follow her to the pier. By the time I arrive, she will probably still be in the process of getting hoisted. I did the same procedure with the Concorde and had success. Any thoughts? There's also a chance that for safety reasons, the 42 St. Pier might be completely closed-off to the public. If so, everybody will be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    It was fun but had no car and lots of biting mosquitoes and ticks.
    The Mounds and Bayswater still have all the bugs you had... likely the great great great great grandbugs of yours
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Remember how the Radome of the Concorde's nose was smashed-off by a truck at Brooklyn's Aviator Sports. Visitors can still see the scar where the repairs were done to her needle-nose.

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Those are pictures of a raise in admission price to the Intrepid. First Concorde and now this. Shameful.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

According to both the Intrepid's website and Facebook page Wednesdays trip up the Hudson will be about 25 hours later, all the times for Wednesday seem about an hour later than the originals on Tuesday.

Space Shuttle Enterprise is still set to make her journey to the Intrepid Museum, tomorrow, Wednesday, June 6. She is scheduled to depart her current port in Bayonne, NJ at 10:15am and make her way North passing the Statue of Liberty at approximately 10:52am, Ground Zero at about 11:30am. She will reach the Museum at around 12:30pm.

Bummer for me as because of my work schedule may have to catch it at one location and not two.

Cheers

LGA777

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777 View Post
    According to both the Intrepid's website and Facebook page Wednesdays trip up the Hudson will be about 25 hours later, all the times for Wednesday seem about an hour later than the originals on Tuesday.

Space Shuttle Enterprise is still set to make her journey to the Intrepid Museum, tomorrow, Wednesday, June 6. She is scheduled to depart her current port in Bayonne, NJ at 10:15am and make her way North passing the Statue of Liberty at approximately 10:52am, Ground Zero at about 11:30am. She will reach the Museum at around 12:30pm.

Bummer for me as because of my work schedule may have to catch it at one location and not two.

Cheers

LGA777
    I've got my fingers crossed that no meetings get called for lunchtime-ish.

Perfect. I'll have plenty of time following the barge from the Statue then take the train to 42 St. Then bus-over to her pier. Even with traffic, should be plenty of time.

Enterprise arrived at the Intrepid at about 11::30. Now maneuvering the crane into place. Barge with shuttle is several hundred yards upriver waiting to move into place.