Thread: FLL OWLS?!

FLL OWLS?!

Hey guys, I was shooting at FLL yesterday and noticed a small creature chilling out on a orange cone... turned out it was a family of pygmy burrowing owls right by the parking lot where you can watch the takeoff's

anybody have info on these little guys? I sort of want to contact the airport to see if I can get clearance to go on the other side of the fence to get some better shots.

A couple more....

pretty cute no?

Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

other than the owls it was a pretty awesome day for shooting (first day in the field with my 3200)

I'm probably the furthest thing from an expert compared to the others here, but I think it's safe to assume that there's no way the airport authorities will let you on the other side of their fence to shoot pictures of those owls, as cool as that would be. Doesn't hurt to ask though

And Matt that's the funniest graphic I've seen on this board since the "Cats on a Plane" photoshopped job(which is now my wallpaper)

i LOVE the 757 head on shot...really REALLY showcases the beastliness.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Some new images of the owls taken this morning AND a video!

I'll throw some more video's in a little bit..

Got a shot of them on Friday as well - hey look Mom and Dad - another of those humans with those tube things they point at us...

Mark Lawrence - KFLL
    Davie, FL

Community Manager NYCAviation.com
    email: [email protected]

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1538
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/9633283@N04/

a video compilation of the video's I've taken..