Thread: JFK 5-19-12

JFK 5-19-12

Spent just a little bit of time at the cell phone waiting lot for 13L approaches, something I've never gone. Great bank shots, but heat haze was awful.

Were you shooting OVER any structures or lots of trees? If your subject is RIGHT ABOVE anything, it will get heat hazed... You need lots of clear space and even then, it can hurt !
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Yea, I had never been the phone lot before so I was just experimenting. The heavy banking in the first 2 shots was right over the tree line in the NW corner of the lot. I'll have to figure out a better position next time.

I was shooting some 13L approaches from the backyard and gave up because of the heat haze. Even in the morning hours it was pretty aweful to say the least.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

NLovis
    Hey guys sry to bother you, I know im banned but I would like some imput on how ive been doing lately and what I can improve on. Again sry to waste ur time.

The shots look perfectly fine. As a matter of personal preference, you cropped the wing on the first Qantas 747 shot, but otherwise they look good.

Keep up the great work!

Nick

Looking good to me as well, lighting is nice .. I like the BA shot, nice work !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

I agree with both above. Shots look great except for that little cropping issue. Looking at spotting pics is never a waste of time for me.

The BA looks like it could a touch of CCW rotation. The Cathay maybe as well, but that could just be the angle it's shot at.

NLovis
    Believe it or not that 1st Quntas pic isnt cropped, its how it came out when I had a brief moment before some ugly A330 blocked my view (its on dep roll on 22R). That BA shot is actually straight. Thats the last spot before the former AA cargo building. It isnt very level at that area so I thought the same thing. Cathay is also straight, the angle makes it look like it isnt. Simmilar photos with that angle look the same. Thanks for the imput and hopefully one day I can post regularly here again. If anybody wants an inside tour of N905NA take a look at my flickr AA_MD_80. See you around JFK and JBAS 2012.

Nick