Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blue Angels over NYC next week

I imagine it will be a game time decision based on weather. Intellicast shows Wednesday's forecast for NYC as:
    Partly cloudy early followed by mostly cloudy skies and a few showers later in the day.

If that's close to accurate, they should be able to fly.

They evidently need at least a ceiling of 500' to do the fly-over but the fog could lift by 11:30. In any case, the tall ships will still come, so why not go? Where to view? I probably will view from Battery Park City Esplanade as Battery Park might be too crowded to get a good spot. Lter, I'll head up the Hudson. Since the military ships will dock north of the Intrepid. The Intrpid Pier will also probably be too crowded. Also, some sort of air show is scheduled for Thurs. at 9 AM over Coney according to the NY Daily News.

Don't go to the Intrepid museum to see the fleet parade. I went there last year and it was too crowded, not to mention there was a massive line just to get in.Go to the public pier that comes just before you get to the ship the ship, the crowds are much smaller and you get a good look at the fleet......
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Hey, folks. I'm new here, but have been lurking for a bit. I work in the 50s on 6th, and may go down to the bridge across the west side hwy to the Intrepid to get a looksee and some photos. Bringing a Nikon D90, and hoping to get at least some ok shots. Still looking like 11:00am launch from FRG?

Good luck after 2 hours in traffic I gave up
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

The fly-by went on and the sun even came out for over an hour. It was a bit foggy as the Parade of Ships passed us. We waited by the Battery Park esplanade. Very friendly crowd.