Thread: Ad's within Forum Post

Ad's within Forum Post

I find this very distracting, Is there a reason the ad's have to be in a forum post?
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

I agree - it's ugly! I run Firefox at home, and don't see ads, but when I check in from the office, I'm on IE, and they are very distracting.

We've been testing out a few new options for ad types and placement. I agree this came out a bit more distracting. Please be patient while we fix up and tinker a little to find happy mediums.

PLEASE continue to offer feedback!!! Thanks, guys.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Ditto.....no stinking ads ..... Please!
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Personally, I preferred the partner videos on articles as opposed to this. At least then I could just ignore it.

I take it the ads have been disabled for now? I noticed that for the past day or two, when I logged in using IE, each post had scroll bars, even if it only contained one line of text - and even in those cases, I had to scroll to see it. Running in Firefox (with ads blocked) I didn't see that. IE is now looking normal again, so I assume it was related to the in-post ads.

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I take it the ads have been disabled for now? I noticed that for the past day or two, when I logged in using IE, each post had scroll bars, even if it only contained one line of text - and even in those cases, I had to scroll to see it. Running in Firefox (with ads blocked) I didn't see that. IE is now looking normal again, so I assume it was related to the in-post ads.
    Yep, that was it. Sorry about that. The in-post ads are now gone.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9