Thread: Hangar B at Floyd Bennett Field

Hangar B at Floyd Bennett Field

An interesting tour for all aviation enthusiast ...

http://www.scoutingny.com/?p=5400

For anyone who hasn't been there, I highly recommend it. The hanger in my opionion is a hidden gem loaded with fantastic aircraft. If you go.........bring your tripod. Also, a good place to shoot 13L arrivals (if you have a long lens).

Here are a few I took a while back:

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

is it open to the public?

Yes it is - Tuesdays (I think) and Saturdays. No admission charge, just walk on in. Friendly volunteers who will talk to you all day if you want. I've been there many times.

when we went there I was able to negotiate opening their P-2 to get interior pictures in exchange for rotating their props. If you have a few balls and some help it's worth a shot!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

I didn't even have to ask - one time I was there, and talking with a couple of volunteers about the plane, and they just told me to climb on in. But then, I don't have your freakishly white skin.

Great article. Would like to visit this summer and check out the A-4. One of my all time favorites. Last time I was there was back in the late 80's early 90's. At the time, my buddy was in the CG reserves and we had a chance to take a tour and sit inside one of the helos (Dolphin I believe).

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I didn't even have to ask - one time I was there, and talking with a couple of volunteers about the plane, and they just told me to climb on in. But then, I don't have your freakishly white skin.
    better than being a "Middle-Eastern man [terrorist] pointing a camera at airplanes"

but alas, I am one too. FML.

Oh, and by the way...I have an Indian friend and she tells me she WISHES she had a TAN complexion as nice as mine. So ha!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by gpalz1 View Post
    Last time I was there was back in the late 80's early 90's. At the time, my buddy was in the CG reserves and we had a chance to take a tour and sit inside one of the helos (Dolphin I believe).
    Yup The Dolphin when it was Air Station Brooklyn.
    Does anyone remember the BIG BLUE HANGAR that was at Floyd? Along Flatbush just north of the Tower/Visitors Center. They used
    to work on the old guys in there back in the 90s. Not sure why it was torn down.

Some 360 panoramas from the hangar

http://www.mannyphoto.com/panoramas/...arb/index.html
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS