Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OneLink Airways Business Plan (running thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Runway1R View Post
    Im having a lot of trouble thinking up more ways to grab business travelers. Does anybody have any ideas?

EDIT: Im deciding against business target audience. You can still suggest ideas, but unless I get really good ones, I probably wont use them.
    The leisure market has a notoriously low yield and much more subject to weakness during downturns in the economy. One of the first things to go in a family budget is a vacation. People will stay home or drive shorter distances rather than fly. Business people, on the other hand, often need to fly and are willing to pay a higher price for their ticket.

Keep researching this but realize you're still young and you have a long future ahead of you. Research, dream, and learn. I also suggest doing an internship at an airline in the finance, marketing, or management areas (or all three if possible) while you're in college. That way you can see an airline from the inside and have a better idea of what you're up against. You can refine your plan based on your experience and what you learn.

Updated. Anything else I need to summarize?
    Yes...scrap the entire plan because it won't work... Get a degree in Finance, become a Hedge Fund Manager and buy an airline. :)

Designing liveries. Will post designs once my dad gets our new printer/scanner set up.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Yes...scrap the entire plan because it won't work... Get a degree in Finance, become a Hedge Fund Manager and buy an airline. :)
    I dont care for people like you! :D

That's OK, Tommy doesn't like anyone...

How are you going to make money? If you're offering low fares and no baggage fees, how else is your airline going to have any revenue stream?
    Adam Sheinhaus

I dont care for people like you! :D
    Fine...when you start your airline I'll buy it out then sell it to Delta for profit and make the employees apply for their jobs again :)

Quote Originally Posted by T-Bird76 View Post
    Fine...when you start your airline I'll buy it out then sell it to Delta for profit and make the employees apply for their jobs again :)
    Good luck acquiring $1 billion for the sole purpose of buying out an airline.

Updated with marketing strategies I came up with.

Within 20 years of the founding of Capital Airways, we plan to establish a presence beyond the Mississippi River, in cities such as Salt Lake City, Phoenix, Houston, and Seattle.
    I just glanced through your plan again and the quoted statement jumped out at me. I don't know if the 20 was a typo or not, but I think you're going need to expand into these places a lot sooner than 20 years...

Quote Originally Posted by snydersnapshots View Post
    I just glanced through your plan again and the quoted statement jumped out at me. I don't know if the 20 was a typo or not, but I think you're going need to expand into these places a lot sooner than 20 years...
    Fixed

UPDATED!!! :D

The main problem with your entire business plan is you are planning on starting an airline in the U.S in markets already served with established carriers, wanting to attract leisure travelers who want to pay next to nothing, and offering nothing different then the other airlines. Think about this...why did David Neeleman the founder of jetBlue leave the U.S to start an airline in Brazil after he left jetBlue? He knew the U.S market is a tapped out as evidenced by more and more consolidation. If your long term dream is to start an airline look at emerging markets...Brazil, China, India, Africa, Burma, and areas in Central America. Or as I said before...get a degree in Finance, become a Hedge fund manager and buy an established airline.

Probably gonna give up on the whole business plan thing. I have no idea what the hell Im doing.

I'm just curious is this something your doing for a class in school or is it something that you are doing in your spare time. I would never think to rain on a kids dream but lets look at all this realistically. If this is something you are spending free time doing you are looking to do something at the age of 15 that only one man has been able to do successfully in the last 20 plus years. That man (David Neeleman) is by all accounts is some sort of wizard in aviation that many never come along again. I think we can all agree here that we admire your goal even if your plan is flawed but if I were you I would pick up a baseball bat or find a cute girl and go have some fun. Breaking into this industy as an airline owner is something that 99.9% of the world will never know. If you do continue your pursuit good luck to you!