Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OneLink Airways Business Plan (running thread)

Ive actually written a lot more to this business plan, I just havent updated it in a while. I also have a legacy-type airline plan in mind, just not written down yet.

I wounldn't bother writing it down. I think what we are all trying to say in the nicest possible way is that you are truly wasting your time. I'm hoping this is all just a school project or something but you really seem to be peppering the forum as if this is something you really think will work. My advice is to wait and watch what happens to the new/old Peoples Express launch. The fact is in this economy you can't just start an airline and moreover your age makes it a little more laughable. Please understand I wish you nothing but success in whatever you do however I don't know that this site is the best place to be working a play by play on a startup airline created by someone in Middle School. A site like jetcareers or popular airline photo site might be a better spot for this topic.

Well my alternative ideas are social networking for an airline or schedule planning.

(much more reasonable I hope)

Schedule planning? Airlines do that internally, what do you mean by that? And social networking is also done internally, but obviously with the growth of Twitter, Facebook, etc. you could maybe do something unique there.
    Adam Sheinhaus

Thats what I meant, working for the airline doing that

Quote Originally Posted by Runway1R View Post
    Probably gonna give up on the whole business plan thing. I have no idea what the hell Im doing.
    Look at it this way:

If the cavemen had said: "Probably gonna give up on the whole fire thing. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing." We'd still be cold and huddling in our caves.
    If Edison had said: "Probably gonna give up on the whole lightbulb thing. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing." We'd still be lighting our homes with candles. He made several thousand tries before he got it right.
    If Orville and/or Wilbur had said: "Probably gonna give up on the whole airplane thing. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing." We wouldn't have the modern air transportation system we have today
    If Henry Ford had said: "Probably gonna give up on the whole assembly line thing. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing." We wouldn't have the modern production methods that we have today.
    If Bill Gates had said: "Probably gonna give up on the whole disk operating system thing. I have no idea what the hell I'm doing." Millions of people wouldn't have affordable computers today.

My point is that you're young. You have a dream. Whether your plan is workable or not remains to be seen. If it's not, you're still benefiting from it because:
    (A) You're learning how to put together a cohesive business plan. You're learning about what needs to be included and what doesn't. Those skills can serve you in the future if you should decide to start another business.
    (B) You have a deep interest in the airline industry and you're learning about it. Whether you start your own airline or go into management for an existing airline, you're getting to know the business and that knowledge will help you in the future.

If your plan is NOT workable, you're still gaining benefit from it. If it DOES work for you, you'll have a hell of an "I TOLD YOU SO" to post on this forum several years from now.

Remember, a guy named Fred Smith was in grad school and got an F on a college project that he put together. The professor gave him that grade because Fred's plan would "never work." I hope Fred sends that professor a Christmas card every year via Fedex, because the plan that would "never work" was the business plan for Fedex.

Thanks for the inspiration, snyder. I was so inspired, I updated it.

Quote Originally Posted by Runway1R View Post
    Thanks for the inspiration, snyder. I was so inspired, I updated it.
    Good. Don't ever let the naysayers pee in your Wheaties!

You talk about traffic easing up at LGA/JFK/EWR, but understand that's not going to happen. With the amount of competition in NY? How about flying into a smaller airport like ISP/HPN?
    Adam Sheinhaus

Hmm. Thats a good idea. I'd probably go with ISP rather than HPN, but I'll consider both. By the way, should I post the plan for my other airline here?

Sorry to bring up an old post, but Ive moved my business conquests to twitter. follow @SapphireAirDev for updates on my business plan, follow @Runway1R for just my regular tweets.

You've used and needed so many of our ideas, in the off chance this airline ever came to fruition, I would request a cut. ;)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].