Thread: LGA Likely on Runway 22 Sat 5-12

LGA Likely on Runway 22 Sat 5-12

Just in case anyone wants to grab some LGA Runway 22 departure shots on Saturday 5-12 Runway 13-31 will be closed from
    0600L-1400L for planned construction and with westerly winds in the forecast Runway 22 will likely be in use for both arrivals and
    departures up until 1400L.

Happy Spotting

LGA777

sweet thanks for the heads up! I may have to head out for that, I've been wanting to shoot 22 departures for a long time.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Argh. I was going to head to LGA anyway until I caught wind of the air show. Another time.

Nice catch Ron, I noticed the same thing in the NOTAMs earlier today. The weather is supposed to be great so I hope people show up!

I'll actually be working tomorrow, operating the following flights:

PDT4305 PWM-LGA arriving at the gate around 1227L
    PDT4361 LGA-ORF departing the gate around 1330L

Will try to post the tail number of our plane before we get there, and if I'm flying the departure off 22 I'll do my best to give a decent show.

Brian
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

We're running on time so far, will be in Dash 8 "ESF", N809EX.
    "My wife is an air traffic controller. I married her because I've always wanted to screw the FAA." - B. Wulle

Looks like a repeat for Saturday 5-26 as winds are forecast to be Southwest and Runway 13-31 is scheduled to be closed from 0600 to 1800 lcl. While I realize many of you will be at the airshow at Jones Beach or at FRG just wanted to pass it on for those that might be interested.

Cheers

LGA777

Thanks, Ron. I'll be nearby, might stop at Planeview for a few mins.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9