Thread: Whatever happened to JFK Tower.com?

Whatever happened to JFK Tower.com?

This has been brought-up in the past but I still wonder whatever happened to all those great photos posted on the late JFKTower.com? I believe the webmaster was Dave Schoen and he promised to re-start the site. I know there were several nasty guys posting on the site who had to get banned. As a result, members had to pay an annual fee. They even had a gift store. I remember buying a nice JFK calendar. But like Pan Am and TWA, the site disappeared for good.

Well, there are some archives from way back

http://web.archive.org/web/200503080...twr/portal.php

Domain is currently locked by

000Domains LLC
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

That website was the NY aviation website but they were dumb and started to charge. The lost all the important posters...me too but I was not important on that site. By the time they figured out that it was a bad idea it was too late. Everyone went elsewhere
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

I just checked the link to Internet Archive (which by the way is an interesting site to troll through for old airlines web pages)but it looks like all the photographs are gone, other than the couple on the main page. Looks like none of the linked pages got archived.

I was a member but refused to pay a "lifetime" fee. I read on another forum that Dave Schoen is no longer at JFK. Not sure if he just left the facility or left ATC altogether. I was also on the JFK tower visit in August 2004 which was a very cool experience.
    Cessna 6MA Kennedy tower, Rwy 31L, CLEAERD TO LAND!