Thread: Is there a way to view the Forums on an I Phone as a desktop Version?

Is there a way to view the Forums on an I Phone as a desktop Version?

Anybody know of a way to view the forums on a i phone as the desktop version and notthe mobile version?

I prefer the desktop layout and navigation as the mobile version just doesn't work right on my i phone 4

Thanks
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Me too.. you can get a different browser and use IE emulation mode. Just about every browser will do it except safari
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Ditto on my Android 2.3 phone. Had issues ever since the last update, and think it would be better if it didn't force the mobile version based on device.
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

It is funny I had the non mobile version on my iphone 4 and stupidly cleared the cache history thius morning and now it loads as mobile. Thanks for the help, appriciate it.
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

Download the free iOS browser Dolphin, go to settings, turn on Desktop Mode... enjoy the desktop version of the forums. The paid version of Atomic Web Browser works as well, not the free version. Dolphin is the only one I know so far that's free and supports regular desktop identification.

Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Ditto on my Android 2.3 phone. Had issues ever since the last update, and think it would be better if it didn't force the mobile version based on device.

Cary, have you tried changing the Browsing Rendering Style to "Desktop" under Options | Advanced Settings for your browser?
    Manny Gonzalez

Sorry about the mobile issues, guys.

I've now disabled the mobile style for the forums completely as nobody really likes it. It's not great. Until we find a better solution, the full desktop version will load for everyone by default, no matter what device/browser you're using.

The mobile version of the main site is still in place. There, you can return to the full version easily through a button that appears on the bottom of every page.

Let me know if you have any more issues.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Cary, have you tried changing the Browsing Rendering Style to "Desktop" under Options | Advanced Settings for your browser?
    I don't think I have that option? I actually meant to say Android 2.2.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    I've now disabled the mobile style for the forums completely as nobody really likes it. It's not great. Until we find a better solution, the full desktop version will load for everyone by default, no matter what device/browser you're using.
    Thanks, Matt...all looks good again :)
    General Photography - Website | Instagram
    PlaneCaptures - Website | Instagram

Matt, the forums look like something else changed... the Avatars are much smaller and the toolbars seem to have gone away :-(
    Manny Gonzalez

Sorry! The avatars are back to their old size and the toolbars have returned.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Also making a triumphant return to the forums: the favicon.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamSpotter View Post
    Also making a triumphant return to the forums: the favicon.

THANK YOU!!!! I use Pinned App Tabs in Firefox and I hated the unknown tab now it shows nicely... and thank you for also updating the Forum logo to the new style!
    Manny Gonzalez