Thread: My New Ride!

My New Ride!

Hey, guys. Bought myself a new toy last week in anticipation of a temporary (4 months) move to Miami, since my old car wouldn't make it down there.

2012 Mazdaspeed3, in Crystal White Pearl, with the Tech Package (navigation, HID, Blind spot monitoring, BOSE sound system, satellite radio, keyless push-start, and some minor visual tweaks). 2.0L 4-cylinder turbo, 263HP, 290 ft-lb of torque, 6-sp manual. Completely stock for now, but I have plans!

She's very, very dirty, but wash day is tomorrow, assuming the sun comes out. It's direct-injected and turbo-charged so she runs pig-rich and the exhaust soot gets all over the rear hatch.

Enjoy!

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Congratulations... I know how it feels to get a new car :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Congrats ! Enjoy and drive it in good health
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Gee.............and I though it was going to have wings! Good luck and safe wheeling.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

my cousin has one of these cars and I just drove it- it's a fun, peppy ride. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Congratulations... I know how it feels to get a new car :-)
    It's a great, great feeling. My first major purchase (other than camera equipment) and I'm going it all on my own (my parents offered to co-sign but I said no thanks since I want this to be MY car, not partly theirs).

Quote Originally Posted by Roush6NY View Post
    Congrats ! Enjoy and drive it in good health
    Quote Originally Posted by Zee71 View Post
    Gee.............and I though it was going to have wings! Good luck and safe wheeling.
    Thanks, guys!!

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    my cousin has one of these cars and I just drove it- it's a fun, peppy ride. Enjoy!
    Does he/she have the regular Mazda3 or the Mazdaspeed3? They're very, very different cars. The regular Mazda3 has either a 155-hp SkyActive engine or the 164-hp 2.5L engine. Both are great on fuel and surprisingly lively for the power they produce. The Speed3 (the one I have) is a sports car through and through. Hard, precise suspension, only comes in a short-throw 6-sp manual, 2.3L turbo-charged I-4 (263-hp), brutal torque steer and steering, and stripped down interior with race seats and less amenities.

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7DMkII: Canon 24-70L USM II, Sigma 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 85mm f/1.4ART, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Sigma 120-300 f/2.8 DG OS HSM

Quote Originally Posted by ANITIX87 View Post

Does he/she have the regular Mazda3 or the Mazdaspeed3? They're very, very different cars. The regular Mazda3 has either a 155-hp SkyActive engine or the 164-hp 2.5L engine. Both are great on fuel and surprisingly lively for the power they produce. The Speed3 (the one I have) is a sports car through and through. Hard, precise suspension, only comes in a short-throw 6-sp manual, 2.3L turbo-charged I-4 (263-hp), brutal torque steer and steering, and stripped down interior with race seats and less amenities.

TIS
    Wow, no, I had no idea they made a sportier version, but that sounds awesome!

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Hahaha. Fred, that's spectacular. But now, you see, you've gone and bastardized one of my shots. Which means I'm owed retribution to the tune of inclusion into your next awesome "Learn to do this crazy $h!t I can do with cameras" day!

Agreed?

TIS
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com

My next one is going to be high speed strobes freezing a fast moving object.... Your more than welcome to join us...

Here is what were going to do.

1.Take 100-400 out of your bag
    2.put on tball stand
    3.Put two flashes at 45 degrees
    4.Radio poppers on
    5.Take a big aluminum bat and hit the 100-400

=That be some crasy sh!t that I can do with your lens day!

?
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Hahaha. It took me way too long to realize what you were saying. I read "Put on tball stand" and thought, "Damnit, I won't be able to go, I don't have a tball camera stand."

Let me get my gear insured first and I'll get back to you!

Antonis
    Antonis Panayotatos
    Owner, Photographer
    www.stellaryear.com