Thread: VP Biden/Air Force Two to LGA, 4/26

VP Biden/Air Force Two to LGA, 4/26

On Thursday AM, Vice President Biden will be giving a speech at NYU:
    http://www.barackobama.com/press/eve...mitment-to-kee

TFR here:
    http://tfr.faa.gov/save_pages/detail_2_5710.html

Does the TFR also include helicopter tour flights? Just curious....
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Looks like he used the C-20 (Gulfstream III) today. Maybe the C-32 (757) is still in the shop following last week's bird strike: http://www.nycaviation.com/2012/04/b...in-california/
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

He did indeed:

IMG_9197 by Vidiot, on Flickr

Actually the Gulfstream departed LGA immediately followed by a C40-C in the mostly white scheme around 1310L or so. Pretty unusual to see two Military VIP Transports depart LGA one behind the other.

Yeah, I was wondering what was going on with the C-40 -- it landed a few minutes before AF-2 and I thought it might be a press/staff plane or something, but I didn't think Biden warranted that kind of traveling press pool.

If the Gulfstream left immediately, then did Biden go back in the C-40? Or did the Gulfstream come back?

The C-40's callsign was BOXER 41, by the way. Looks like it's DC ANG 201st Airlift Squadron out of Andrews, but I think the 89th Airlift Wing handles all executive movements, right?

I was not at LGA for the arrivals only the departures, and missed the call signs. On my last visit to Andrews their where C-40's parked on the same flight line as the C-32's painted in both the full SAM colors and like the one today mostly white with the simple blue stripe and tiny US flag on the tail. I have heard C-40's at LGA in the past using both SAM and Boxer call signs.

Here's the C-40: