Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 2012 McGuire Air Show (May 12 and 13)

Quote Originally Posted by moose135 View Post
    I ended up elsewhere today, and am planning to hit McGuire on Sunday. Can someone tell me what the deal is with bringing bags in? Is a small camera bag OK? Looking at their web site, they say no backpacks or "tote bags" and I don't want to get to the gate and be sent back to the car, or stuff things in my pockets only to find everyone dragging bags along.

John, I was REALLY surprised how much more relaxed McGuire was this year with security. They were responsible for me getting my ThinkTankPhoto speed belt with pouches after one year almost getting arrested for arguing with a sergeant that my bag was no more of a threat than the diaper bag for the baby next to me. I had to walk back to my car that year over a mile in each direction and walk in naked as I call it.

This year, they were allowing pretty much anything... I saw really really big camera bags waling in.

Interestingly though, they were asking everyone if they had scanners or radios of any sort (???) never asked why.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by Joe View Post
    Manny,
    Those images don't look bad at all. I wish I saw the F117 demo before they were mothballed. I caught one about 11 years at a show in Arkansas, I didn't get to see it fly, but it was clearly visible. I was on a business trip and got to watch a good part of the show while waiting for my plane to depart. Fortunately, the airshow caused us to be delayed.
    Joe,

My enjoyment of the hobby is the combined air display, aircraft AND photos so for me, the picture is a huge part of it... McGuire usually SUCKS for me photographically... however, they can sometimes put on a great show. Also this year was a nice change of weather from the last few shows which is welcome. It was literally a PERFECT show all around ... great crowd, great performers great wx and NO TRAFFIC!!!

Other than being held captive by the Thunderchickens (you can't move on base while they perform so I couldn't escape early :-( ) I had a great time... it was also nice hanging with Dennis, Jason, Eric and his brother for a little bit. The BONE Cockpit view was also a boner for me. Pun intended
    Manny Gonzalez

Dennis, Jason: TERRIFIC job with the photos... well done!
    Manny Gonzalez

Thank you, sir! Sorry we didn't see you before you left, Dennis and I were busy being memorized by a DC9 and charging his camera battery in a Delta 757. What a fun day!

Nice set Dennis and Jason!!! Looks like you guys all had a great time.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Had to throw a few up before going to Mom's. Manny, Dennis, Jason, sorry I missed you guys.

Very nice, John! Love that top view of the B1...

Here are some flight deck shots I uploaded later:

Taken by the Delta pilot

FedEx A300

Auto Pilot Rope

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Had to throw a few up before going to Mom's. Manny, Dennis, Jason, sorry I missed you guys.
    Nice shots, John did you happen to be sitting just right of show center? I thought I saw you. Dennis, Jason, Manny and I were setup left of show center.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post
    Nice shots, John did you happen to be sitting just right of show center? I thought I saw you. Dennis, Jason, Manny and I were setup left of show center.
    Tim & I were just to the right of the announcers stand. Right before the barriers turned to bring the crowd further from the action.

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Here are some of the B-1, I will post other images when I get the chance to, although it may be a while, very busy for the next two weeks:

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    And two of the Predator:

Great shots, guys! Just got home a little while ago - stayed until they threw us off the ramp at 5pm, then typical Sunday traffic...I spent most of the day with NYCA's "Other Phil". Great show, better weather, a boatload of photos to go through...hard to beat it!

Good seeing you again Moose! I'm really going to try to get through my photos sometime in the next couple of days (and maybe then start catching up on all the rest!). McGuire usually has a good show and this year was no exception, even though it's not great light. The MAGTAF demo was neat; I think I managed a couple of photos with the pyro.

On my way back, there was an accident on the southbound Turnpike; apparently a serious enough one for a state police chopper to land on the highway. It took off headed south right over traffic when I was about 10-15 car lengths away.
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

They were just cleaning that up when I went by, Phil. Saw an SUV on a flatbed on the SB side, looked like a roll-over.