Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: FAO Everyone (NHL Playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Lord Stanley doesnt reside in LA....Yet!!
    Nice win by NJ. Quick is human.
    Lord Stanley is now officially a resident of Southern Cal. Congrats to the LA Kings on their Championship, 1st in 45 years of playing. What an amazing run by this team. 16-4, beating the Top 3 teams in the West, and superb goaltending by the Conn Smyth Trophy winner Jonathan Quick. As much as I dislike the DEvils they actually gave LA the most competition. I'm still debating how the Rangers would have fared against the Kings if they had gotten into the Finals. Not sure if they would have done much better. This KIng team seemed destined to win the Cup!!
    And please, King teammates dont let the Kardashian family ANYWHERE NEAR the Stanley Cup!! Oh the horror to see their grubby hands near that exalted trophy!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    And please, King teammates dont let the Kardashian family ANYWHERE NEAR the Stanley Cup!! Oh the horror to see their grubby hands near that exalted trophy!!
    Talk about a scary thought... I'd have to bring sterilizing wipes to the Hockey Hall of Fame next time I go in the event any of them get within 20 feet of the sacred cup!

I would like to take the opportunity to express some disappointment in regards to the LA fans, what kind of hockey folks do NOT boo the living piss out of Gary Bettmann whenever he speaks? Sad, sad people...

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    From the news last night:
    LA police were called in to respond to a gang, all dressed in black, carrying a gigantic silver blender out of the Staples Center.
    R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    #DeleteThePickleSmoocher
    LETS GO CAPS!
    [URL]http://www.sopicturethis.net[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by captmjk16 View Post
    I would like to take the opportunity to express some disappointment in regards to the LA fans, what kind of hockey folks do NOT boo the living piss out of Gary Bettmann whenever he speaks? Sad, sad people...
    HAHA, I was thinking the same. But give them some slack...they're new to winning.

Congrats to LA!
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Anyone see the postgame show on MSG? I watched NBC for a bit and then switched over to see what the locals had to say.

Wow! The Devils crew were absolutely livid about the outcome of the game. Essentially, they wanted to claim the Devils lost because Bernier got a 5 minute major and the Devils got no calls their way. It was all Scuderi's fault. Really. I guess the blood pouring out of his face was somehow his own doing, and the freight train that hit him was not responsible.

Hey they broadcast for the Devils - Daneyko and Chico - former players. I get that. But saying they lost the Cup because of the referees is just weak. Even IF Bernier's check should not have been a 5 minute major, what exactly is the reason the penalty killers failed to keep the puck out of the net? THREE times?

Yes, Brett Hull's skate was in the crease in '99, but so what? He had possession of the puck. And he put the puck in the net. And Dallas won 4 games to 2. Yet Buffalo is still sore at the refs about that.

Yeah, sometimes calls don't go your way - but blaming their subsequent failure on the refs means the team was incapable of withstanding the pressure. The game I watched had the Kings thoroughly outplaying the Devils the majority of the game. And they did it for 4 out of the 6 games. That's why they deserved to win the Cup. Great offense. Great defense. Great goaltending. They simply played better. Period.

LA deserves to enjoy this victory for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbagel_001 View Post
    Anyone see the postgame show on MSG? I watched NBC for a bit and then switched over to see what the locals had to say.

Wow! The Devils crew were absolutely livid about the outcome of the game. Essentially, they wanted to claim the Devils lost because Bernier got a 5 minute major and the Devils got no calls their way. It was all Scuderi's fault. Really. I guess the blood pouring out of his face was somehow his own doing, and the freight train that hit him was not responsible.

Hey they broadcast for the Devils - Daneyko and Chico - former players. I get that. But saying they lost the Cup because of the referees is just weak. Even IF Bernier's check should not have been a 5 minute major, what exactly is the reason the penalty killers failed to keep the puck out of the net? THREE times?

Yes, Brett Hull's skate was in the crease in '99, but so what? He had possession of the puck. And he put the puck in the net. And Dallas won 4 games to 2. Yet Buffalo is still sore at the refs about that.

Yeah, sometimes calls don't go your way - but blaming their subsequent failure on the refs means the team was incapable of withstanding the pressure. The game I watched had the Kings thoroughly outplaying the Devils the majority of the game. And they did it for 4 out of the 6 games. That's why they deserved to win the Cup. Great offense. Great defense. Great goaltending. They simply played better. Period.

LA deserves to enjoy this victory for a long time.
    Well said! As a ref, nothing pisses me off more (in a professional sense) than a team blaming me for a 5 or 6 (or 15) goal loss. We're not perfect and we know that, but we can't make a team lose by 5 goals without a hell of a lot of effort. Former players should have more class/knowledge than that, definitely disappointing. When you're outgunned, it doesn't matter what the refs do, unless you're in the NBA and getting Jordan/LeBron calls, you're gonna lose in the end of a 7 game series 99 times out of 100.

NHL Awards Show was on last night and a BIG CONGRATS to King Henrik on winning his first Vezina Trophy!! Outstanding!!
    Most of the skits were corny but I like the Tracy Morgan as a NY Ranger video and Will Arnett as Brendan Shanahan had its moments though I think after the 3rd skit Brendan was NOT enjoying the ribbing!! LOL!!
    AND let us not forget the appearance by ESPN sporrtcaster Erin Andrews wearing a dress that BARELY came down below her pelvic area!!! WOW!!!

And this is funny relating to Lebron James.....http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...-end-of-game-4

Any place to get video of the skits?
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Any place to get video of the skits?
    Thinking YouTube or NBC Sports page.