Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: FAO Everyone (NHL Playoffs)

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    HOLY **** RAFFI TORRES!!!
    Here is where Shanahan has to redeem himself and make a statement.
    Star Player + removed by stretcher + repeat offender + clear intent (left his feet) = 10 games minimum

Anything less, and the message is not sent, and there will be more of this until the cup is raised.

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    Star Player + removed by stretcher + repeat offender + clear intent (left his feet) = 10 games minimum

Anything less, and the message is not sent, and there will be more of this until the cup is raised.
    I agree 100% there needs to be a clear message sent with this one

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    Won't happen. He's not on the caps.

I dont remember the playoffs being this crazy!! Oh there were incidents but not seemingly across the board like this.
    I do believe things will calm down as we move into the later rounds!! With the 1st round teams are more tightly wound.

Didnt know about that Raffi hit until I just saw ESPN. And NO PENALTY? Wow terrible.
    Also there has been 7 suspensions SO FAR this post-season while last year only 7 the WHOLE Playoffs!!
    BTW the Penguins have 3 from Sundays game!!

Another night of horrible officiating, and little player respect for each other.

Countless missed calls in the second period of the NYR/OTT game. Spezza was hit high in open ice, and Girardi was hit with a high stick...BOTH IN CLEAR SIGHT of the referee, on the same play, and no calls on either one. This is disgusting.

Switched to the PIT/PHL game at the 2nd INT, and saw PIT was up 9-3. Of course just as I turn it on Zac Rinaldo is being sent off for another head shot this time on Tyler Kennedy.

little player respect for each other.
    This is something i've heard a number of announcers, sports writers and coaches talk about and it's so true!! Pretty pathetic actually.

Looks like Van-LA is pretty clean so far. The night is young though. Raffi Torres is suspended indefinitely while you can find Hossa in the vegetable section of Stop and Shop. On another note, I am already spooling up for tomorrows game at the Phone Booth!!!

On another note, I am already spooling up for tomorrows game at the Phone Booth!!!
    Nice win by Caps though you need a new Time Keeper. 9.5 seconds left in game and clock took about 3 to 4 seconds to start when puck dropped!!
    Phx-Chicago just went into 4th straight OT game with another crazy Chicago last minute rally to tie.

PHX won quick into OT Up 3-1. BTW a soft goal let inby Chicago goalie!! But PHX dont care. LOL!!
    Last edited by Gerard; 2012-04-19 at 10:56 PM. Reason: Score Update

Lol Gerard it was too loud in the Phone Booth as it usually always is! Ive said it a few times already...Holtby is the future of the Washington Capitals and I for one am stoked to see it go down!

Lol Gerard it was too loud in the Phone Booth as it usually always is! Ive said it a few times already...Holtby is the future of the Washington Capitals and I for one am stoked to see it go down!
    Saw him interviewed after game. Sounds like a good kid!!
    Lots of top seeds in trouble or struggling. First round is always tough!!

Torres gets the hook for 25 games.

Agreed, except for one part...which is a huge part of the problem.... why does it matter if he is a "star player"? I shouldn't.

That's how Crosby was nursed by the NHL for years. That's why we're seeing uneven and unfair punishments handed down, because what Shanahan is NOT saying in those punishment explanation videos is that they also take the players' stats anc contribution to the league into effect. This is not right and very unfair.

I'm a big Red Wings fan, and Hossa's in my top 5. But his abilities shouldn't be a factor. That means that people who aren't stars are more open game to such hits without needed punishment, and that "star players" can get away with stuff, as we saw with Weber. If Weber didn't have a C on his sweater, he wouldn't have gotten a mere fine.

I lost a lot of faith that I previously had in the league.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Phil D. View Post
    Agreed, except for one part...which is a huge part of the problem.... why does it matter if he is a "star player"? It shouldn't.
    Absolutely right but in all of sports star players get star treatment.

Oh baby HOW 'BOUT THEM CAPS!!!