Thread: Cayman Islands - Image Heavy!

Cayman Islands - Image Heavy!

I completely forgot I hadn't posted my shots from the Caymans, so here they are!

Flying over Cuba was an interesting experience...good thing no one was shot down out of our 20+ planes heading to the islands!

On final to Grand Cayman's runway 8 with a Carnival cruise ship sitting in the harbor near 7-Mile Beach

After landing and a couple rum-punch receptions with our group we were off to the governor's home where we were treated to or deurves and more alcohol. Needless to say, the estate is incredible!

The following day we had a boat chartered to take us snorkeling and swimming with the sting rays with a stop at Rum Point for lunch

On the third day we took a flight over to Little Cayman, which was an event unto itself. The airport (which does indeed have commercial service) is not marked on the map, nor does it exist in the GPS database. The runway is something like 25' wide, may be made out of some form of concrete, has no taxiways, lights, or markings. It has a curve in it, and a hump in the middle. Needless to say, it makes for an interesting approach when landing in a part of the world with totally different operating procedures!!

The airport is in the top right of this shot.

Although Grand Cayman was very Americanized and commercialized, Little Cayman is far more subdued. Although it is still a resort, the solitude is incredible by comparison.

The last day we spent driving around Grand Cayman and found some nice spots in the northern point, called Hell. I'm convinced that although it's a scenic area, it was named Hell specifically for tourism. Just my 2C.

Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

What an awesome set ... Fantastic work my friend !
    Kaz T

My Photos:

JetPhotos
    KT Images NY

Beautiful photos!

What kind of airplane were you flying? It sure doesn't look like the 1968 Cherokee 140 I learned in!

Thanks guys, and it was an SR-22, generation 3

Mike, AWESOME set! Some of those could be brochure photos.
    I think this is the best of the lot. I just keep going back to it.

I've been to that "Hell" spot before, very bizarre rock formations there.

I think there is also a Cayman "Brac", did you manage to make it over there as well?

Beautiful shots!

Nice work Mike!!!! I could use a vacation like that with a few rum punches.
    Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

Thanks guys! William- we didn't make it to Brac, though it does exist. It's a bit further east than Little Cayman. The rock formations around Hell were really spectacular and beat to (wait for it....) hell by the rough water...it definitely made for some awesome photos.

So Mike, you can actually tell people, without lying, that you have been to Hell and back! :P

Quote Originally Posted by lijk604 View Post
    So Mike, you can actually tell people, without lying, that you have been to Hell and back! :P
    I live in New Jersey...I've never really left =P