Thread: New Camera?

New Camera?

It's almost time for the yearly trip down to the Renaissance ATL to take some shots at ATL. It also got me thinking--is it time for a new camera? Right now, I have a canon XSi (450D) with a Tamron 70-300 lens. I could sell my old iPad (which I don't really use) as well as my XSi and pick up the new Canon T3i. The total cost would be about 300 dollars, maybe a little less. Do you think it's worth it?
    Adam Sheinhaus

that question can only be answered by whether you feel your current shots are lacking in any way. not enough resolution/need improved AF performance/better IQ/ etc. I don't know much about Canon but the Xsi seems like it's a great body

I'm still plugging away with my trusty old Xti - one model older than yours. I'm certainly tempted by the T3i.

Another thing to consider is that the T2i is essentially the same camera. The difference is limited to an articulating screen and additional beginner modes. If those features aren't important to you, you could save a couple of extra dollars.

That said, I'm sure that you can still produce nice images with the XSi. My desire for an upgrade is mostly for better ISO performance and for video (Xti doesn't have video capability).

Dan
    Last edited by SmAlbany; 2012-03-29 at 12:40 PM.