Thread: Canadian man took photo of girlfriend's plane at EWR airport, charged in trespassing

Canadian man took photo of girlfriend's plane at EWR airport, charged in trespassing

Must of had a few Molson's at the lounge, eh!

http://www.northjersey.com/news/Cana...espassing.html
    Woz

Great! More bad news for spotting at KEWR!!
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

What the heck is the matter with that guy! It's very simple, all he had to do is this(girlfriend is in 5th window from front)

Program Coordinator
    So if I understand the article right he hopped a fence and then managed to walk out onto the pier?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Climbed on the roof? LOL
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

...and I thought we went to great lengths to spot at KEWR!

Would be nice to see if he at least got decent shots (NOT!)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

It wasn't me!

I hear his shots were rejected anyway for: backlit, motive and cut off part of plane.

The previosu post has influenced me to look into adding a feature to 'like' individual posts. :)
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Great! More bad news for spotting at KEWR!!
    Ill say, I got a few ppl here including myself who could remind some of us what happened on Jan 10th 2010!! lol.. Me and a few other spotters from this site got our memory cards taking away while spotting by the north parking lot at EWR, i havent spotted there since, but memories never go away.. And now this guy chooses to climb on fences to take pics of his girlfriend's flight. Wrong move pal
    Sergio has been a huge Delta Air Lines fan since 1992!!

Sergio Cardona

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos....e=1&display=15

What a total RICHARD!!!!

sometimes all you need to do is ask yourself..."what would Senga do?"
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

As tough as it is taking pictures at EWR, the title should be corrected.

This idiot makes it bad for all of us.

How 'bout "Idiot Climbs Terminal Building at Major International Airport for Picture" or "Moron Climbs Airport Terminal for Picture." Definately include, Idiot, or Moron, or something derogatory.

Really, stuff like this makes it harder and harder for legitimate aviation photographers. Just my 2 cents.

AJ
    Pull back and the houses get smaller!

Quote Originally Posted by Delta777LR View Post
    Ill say, I got a few ppl here including myself who could remind some of us what happened on Jan 10th 2010!! lol.. Me and a few other spotters from this site got our memory cards taking away while spotting by the north parking lot at EWR, l
    I'm not trying to hijack the thread here to rehash old news, but this happened before I discovered NYC Aviation. Is there another thread that pertains to the incident you mentioned?

I know it's important to cooperate and be respectful of the authorities when plane spotting so you don't ruin it for others, but how did they back you into a corner so far that you had to give up your memory cards? That is completely illegal on their part. They can ask you to stop taking pictures and leave the premises (assuming it's not public property), but short of a court order or an arrest law enforcement has no right to confiscate film or memory. Of course then it comes down to how far you want to pursue it--sometimes it's better to cut your losses and shoot another day. Now those lucky shooters who have TWO card slots in their cameras have a way out. Put an old 512k SD card in one slot and shoot on the regular card in the other. If you're backed into a corner again, the cops get a memory card, so they're happy, and you get your pictures, so you're maybe not so happy but you still have your pictures.

There was a discussion a few years back on another forum and someone posted this link to a site that lays out exactly what rights a photographer has in this situation: http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm Again, discretion is the better part of valor when using this information. The legal fees could add up pretty quickly before you're proven right...

Now, as for the Canadian guy: Instant stupid...just add Molson, ay? I would hope the authorities know the difference between a lovesick idiot and a legitimate plane spotter.

Every memory card surrendered to the police is another hole in the foundation of your freedoms as an American citizen.

It's called illegal search and seizure.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    Every memory card surrendered to the police is another hole in the foundation of your freedoms as an American citizen.

It's called illegal search and seizure.
    I agree emphatically... I would think that if pursued it, they could have gotten the Port Authority to buy them some pretty nice new photo equipment.