Thread: Virgin America Main Cabin Select Reviewed: The Premium Economy Challenge, Round 1

Post Virgin America Main Cabin Select Reviewed: The Premium Economy Challenge, Round 1

NYCAviation:
    Virgin America Main Cabin Select Reviewed: The Premium Economy Challenge, Round 1

In the first round of an NYCAviation series comparing domestic premium economy cabins, does Virgin America live up to their own mantra: A Breath of Fresh Airline?
    [Click to Read Full Article]

Nice feature/article. I am very much looking forward to your review of Delta's Economy Comfort. Hope it is coming soon!!!!
    "I can't wait until tomorrow, cause I get better looking everyday"
    --Joe Namath

Program Coordinator
    Stay tuned!

As those of you who know me know I am a big fan of Virgin America and on my 4 flights with them I had 4 AWESOME flights. I do want to share one memorable experience my wife and I had returning from LAS back in 2009 which really impressed me. We where non-revs and in fact the only non-revs on a slightly overbooked flight. The friendly gate agent had updated me twice at the gate as check in then boarding commenced on how our chances of getting on looked . Then about half way through boarding she did something that really surprised me. She had 2 seats left on the entire A-320 and they where something like 18E and 12F. She paged the woman sitting in 18F to see if she would mind taking 12F so my wife and I could sit together in 18EF. She in know way pressured the customer to move but because she was fine with it we spent a 5 hour full flight sitting together. Those of you who are frequent non revs either as an airline employee or from using buddy passes know this is not the norm especially on an oversold flight on another carrier than your own. Very well done VA.

And Jeremy & NYC Aviation Very Well done on a great & informative TR. Looking forward to more !

Cheers

LGA777
    Last edited by LGA777; 2012-03-14 at 08:43 PM.

I'm a big VX fan even though I've only flown them once, and it was a few years ago when they were relatively new. The Red system still had a number of bugs back then, but it was still the best of its kind. I wish they would add more cities out of JFK.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Program Coordinator
    I wish they would add more cities out of JFK.
    That is one of the drawbacks of VX: everything being concentrated out of LA and San Fran. My wife & I would certainly fly them a lot more if they flew direct from SEA to ORD & BOS...the time to connect and the price is often too much for us.