Thread: Terminal Spotting JFK 3/8/12 and BUF 3/12/12 [IMAGE HEAVY]

Terminal Spotting JFK 3/8/12 and BUF 3/12/12 [IMAGE HEAVY]

I took advantage of getting to JFK T2/3 early...and then got delayed 2+ hours. There are some great spotting locations there for 22 departures, but not much else. The final few are from BUF.

And finally, the markings embedded into the pavement at JFK Terminal 3 for the aircraft that once upon a time frequented there.

Last edited by yankees368; 2012-03-13 at 10:50 PM.

Nice catch on the markings. I've never seen that.
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Thanks, here are a couple more shots, along with what the gate now accepts today. I wonder when the last time this terminal has actually seen a 707 at the gate...

Great shots!

but I can't help but wonder why EVERYBODY catches the Air China 747 except for me!

Maybe I need to try from the terminal next time.

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by NickPeterman View Post
    Great shots!

but I can't help but wonder why EVERYBODY catches the Air China 747 except for me!

Maybe I need to try from the terminal next time.

Nick
    That's the way to do it. Didn't get yelled at by secret service or anything! A whole bunch of other good stuff rolled by, an A380 and a few more A340s, but I was too lazy to grab my camera for them.

Pan Am replaced their 707s with 747s by the early 70s I believe and Delta never operated 707s. Hard to believe it's never been paved over, but those markings might be 40 years old.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

I guess that just shows how truly old that terminal is. But, its days are numbered and it will be gone soon. The plan for that terminal is demolition and and then just a connector between T4 and T2, right?

Quote Originally Posted by yankees368 View Post
    The plan for that terminal is demolition and and then just a connector between T4 and T2, right?
    Yup.

I wonder what other relics are lurking in that ancient terminal. I would love to have the master key to that building.