Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AirShowBuzz Closed

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70 View Post
    I guess I must have had my head in the sand for the last 7 years. There were some Know it all's on ASB but the reason I liked it, (& NYCA) is because I really didn't see the kind of behavior you're describing. I did see this on several other sites, which is why I pretty much stuck to ASB & NYCA.

I don't know you from a hole in the wall, I didn't know you on ASB, but if you have a problem with people on every bored (except 1) that you post on, I would look a little closer to home. Not saying you're a bad guy, but in the magical internet forum world it can be hard to tell when one is joking or sarcastic. Perhaps you should be a little more aware of how you word things in your posts as meanings can easily get confused.
    I'll provide you an example.

One occasion on ASB, there was a story about a sonic boom and how a woman had her windows shattered. There were comments about how she should have been thanking the pilot for what he did instead of complaining about her windows. I simply pointed out that the pilot did break the rules by going supersonic over land, was a human error, and the woman had a right to be mad.

Then came a flood of posts calling me an idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    I'll provide you an example.

One occasion on ASB, there was a story about a sonic boom and how a woman had her windows shattered. There were comments about how she should have been thanking the pilot for what he did instead of complaining about her windows. I simply pointed out that the pilot did break the rules by going supersonic over land, was a human error, and the woman had a right to be mad.

Then came a flood of posts calling me an idiot.

Well, if you're an idiot for thinking that way, I guess I am too! LOL!

I just never really saw that kind of thing there but obviously, doesn't mean it never happened.
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70 View Post
    Well, if you're an idiot for thinking that way, I guess I am too! LOL!

I just never really saw that kind of thing there but obviously, doesn't mean it never happened.
    Well, one thing I will give to ASB is the admins were generally quick to respond to reports. So, in most cases unless you were active in that thread at the time, you'd not see it because Deb or Ed would be quick to correct it.

I would like to donate a peace offering to this thread....

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Program Coordinator
    It isn't necessarily limited to ASB :-) I've had similar experiences as you, Perriwen, on other well known airshow sites too - not just ASB.

I have a question.... When are we going to get an Airshow section on our website?

The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Program Coordinator
    Good question Derf...hopefully soon?...

Sorry, I should have posted this if asking for something

I guess the 'events' section could kind of count...though, actual news in the air show industry is kind of scattered here and there.

Also, why does that P-47 have broom kills? (lowest emblem)

Only in this place will I post a pic like that and get a response like yours! I love this place!

My point is this....27 pages for one thread
    NYCA 2011 Jones Beach Airshow Link

I will be going to at least 4 this year and think with as many cameras we have.... it is really UNDISCOVERED!

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    My point is this....27 pages for one thread
    NYCA 2011 Jones Beach Airshow Link

I will be going to at least 4 this year and think with as many cameras we have.... it is really UNDISCOVERED!
    27 pages? Wow. My Wings Over Houston thread got two or three replies. XD

I sure am lonely down south.

http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...=Wings+Houston

Wow, Nice set of photos!!! Ya needed a little tough love here tho.... Props, Ya froze the props....

When shooting props you should switch to Tv mode and set a speed of 250th or slower.... if the airplane is not at idle 250th will give you good blur like below.

Otherwise those shots you posted would have perfect. You did a great Job and we have all froze props but that needs to stop...here is a shot of mine from 2006 airshow....please do not make fun of me!
    Last edited by Derf; 2012-03-17 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    http://nycaviation.com/forum/threads...=Wings+Houston

Wow, Nice set of photos!!! Ya needed a little tough love here tho.... Props, Ya froze the props....

When shooting props you should switch to Tv mode and set a speed of 250th or slower.... if the airplane is not at idle 250th will give you good blur like below.

Otherwise those shots you posted would have perfect. You did a great Job and we have all froze props but that needs to stop...here is a shot of mine from 2006 airshow....please do not make fun of me!
    Yeah, I actually messed up with a lot of the settings there. I was playing around with them on a spotting trip a few days before and forgot to re-set them back to ones I liked, and as for the props...I totally forgot the shutter speed issue.

I'm not sure what you mean by TV-mode, though.

on the top dial there are Av Tv M

(Av - Apature)
    (Tv - Speed)
    (M - Manual)
    Last edited by Derf; 2012-03-17 at 10:11 PM.