Thread: Jeep Crashes Gate, Drives Onto PHL

Jeep Crashes Gate, Drives Onto PHL

Don't know if you guys heard about this already... if you're not familiar with PHL, this took place along the road where we all go spotting, and not far away from where I usually pull off for 9R arrivals and 27L departures (no, not the gravel lot!).

PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT - March 1, 2012 (WPVI) -- Operations are back to normal at the Philadelphia International Airport after an alarming incident earlier in the day that has raised a lot of questions.

Police say at just after 10:00 a.m. a Jeep Cherokee rammed through Gate 25 near Hog Island Road at the west end of the airport.
    The actual gate itself ended up landing 50 yards from the entry point.

Suspect charged in PHL gate crash, airfield invasion

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Yea I saw it, think he was drunk or something. Couple years ago we had a guy hop the fence at IFP and start walking across the runway and toward us at the FBO. It was funny, he ran from Bullhead PD when they gave chase and was under the influence of something as well. Idiots going to be idiots.
    'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

Quote Originally Posted by NIKV69 View Post
    Idiots going to be idiots.
    Unfortunately the fallout from these idiots effects the normal folks enjoying spotting.

I bet Paul has pictures from every angle. And Senga has pictures of Paul taking those pictures from every angle....
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

A few weeks ago at PHL a driver made a wrong turn and ended up on an active taxiway. They didn't knock down any fences in that incident, though.

http://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/201...ional-airport/
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9