Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 03/01/12 ever visit by Secret service?!

All I am saying is that it is a little confusing that NCPD would have a car parked at the inwood park (and I'm sure other locations as well), but not actually at a restricted area. That is all. I can assure you, it will not happen again. Sorry for any headaches I may have given anyone and I hope to make this up to you, I guess. Anywhere, here is the audio from the tower, skip to 13:30

http://snd.sc/wQWsvw

Program Coordinator
    If it was a normal spot that I'd been to dozens of times before I can honestly say I probably would've been there too and learned the same lesson. It would not have occured to me that it would've been a potential problem. Case in point, the president has visited Seattle three times since I moved here. On two of those three times we could shoot under the approach path, no problem, no hassle, no nothing. The third time, the SS had it blocked off and we couldn't go there - it would not have occured to me to be a problem since a) I spot there all the time and b) we've been able to be there in the past. Other normal spots have been the same way...midfield lot is a 50/50 whether they allow it or not. One time they didn't allow zoom lenses. So, my experience has been that if they don't want you there they'll make it pretty clear you can't be there.

I can clearly understand what the problem is..
    It was maybe not a good idea to go there because SS don't want anybody there.
    But I'm from Germany and could never imagine that something like that can be happen.
    I was very surprised that something like that happen to me.
    At the Country Club were around that time about 4 Police officers by food and they don't stop us..
    I will not say that they should stop us but at least say something that we could get in trouble...
    At the moment i don't know what to do... i hope that because of the things what happened plane spotting is getting not more risky for you or the police is now more stricter
    Also i didn't know what happen next.. I'm on any list? the watch me now?
    I heard also that the AF1 switched to La Guardia and it was on the news. Was that because of us?
    Im sorry for that
    Last edited by DWaviation; 2012-03-02 at 01:29 PM.

Odds are you'll probably have a sniper on you no matter where you go while you're in the country (please note sarcasm).

I HIGHLY doubt there will be any complications other than a lesson learned. Or multiple lessons learned.

Anyway, I think the EWR incident trumps this any day...just sayin' =P
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

IFP, ISP, JFK, IGM, SAN, VCV, LGA, LAX, SEE, LAS
    Quote Originally Posted by DWaviation
    I'm on any list? the watch me now?

Im sorry for that

Don't worry they spy on us all.

'My idea of a good picture is one that's in focus and of a famous person doing something unfamous.' Andy Warhol

[QUOTE=DWaviation;4617
    I heard also that the AF1 switched to La Guardia and it was on the news. Was that because of us?
    Im sorry for that[/QUOTE]

The B747 AF1 version cannot land at LGA. Possibly they switched LZs for Marine 1 from Randalls Island to LGA? Where did you hear this?
    BTW a very, very close family member lives in the building on the West Side where Obama had his fund raiser. The Secret Service had an advance team there Monday going through the
    do/dont for the visit to all the residents. My buddy in work who is a big presidential buff told me I should take the day off and go hang out. I assured him I wouldnt see a thing and in retrospect
    might have wound up like our buddies "The Inwood Two".

A friend is working for Fligh Safety at LGA and he told me that.
    It was also on the news anywhere..

Quote Originally Posted by DWaviation View Post
    It was also on the news anywhere..
    Any links/info? I looked anywhere and found nothing.

Marine One still went to Randalls, not LGA....they flew over my place in Astoria, and we're past LGA from JFK.
    Email me anytime at [email protected].

So, do they, like, have police and secret service anywhere that has a clear line of sight of the plane? o.O

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    So, do they, like, have police and secret service anywhere that has a clear line of sight of the plane? o.O
    They definitely have a clear sight of anyone that has a clear sight of the plane.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    They definitely have a clear sight of anyone that has a clear sight of the plane.
    How do they deal with people who live under the approach path, install cameras in their backyard? <.<

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    How do they deal with people who live under the approach path, install cameras in their backyard? <.<
    Lock them in their house and dont go near the windows.
    Actually maybe not so far fetched. During the recent visit one of Obamas stops was at a fundraiser in an apt on the Upper West Side. I have a close
    family member living in the building. Residents were told they couldnt leave their apts during the visit and dont open their windows to look out. An SS agent
    was stationed on each floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    Lock them in their house and dont go near the windows.
    Actually maybe not so far fetched. During the recent visit one of Obamas stops was at a fundraiser in an apt on the Upper West Side. I have a close
    family member living in the building. Residents were told they couldnt leave their apts during the visit and dont open their windows to look out. An SS agent
    was stationed on each floor.

Man that's ridiculous. If some stranger tried to tell me I couldn't look at my own president, through my own damn window, I would've said "with all the taxes I have to pay, I own the rights to look at him. If he doesn't want people looking at him tell him to stay home." Either that or they can pay for my dinner at a nice restaurant during the time in question.

Quote Originally Posted by megatop412 View Post
    If some stranger tried to tell me I couldn't look at my own president, through my own damn window,
    LOL it wasnt a stranger it was the UNITED STATES SECRET SERVICE!! But they were given the heads up days before so they knew the deal.
    I know it sounds a little extreme but we are talking about the President and things do get frozen when he is around. And a lot of people just went
    out for the day. She didnt. She was just happy she wasnt invited to the fund raiser and would have to make a contribution.