Page 28 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuttle Enterprise to New York April 23rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    Eh, your glider sounds okay. But what I REALLY want to see is your world famous pizza carts and see if the New York slice in New York is as good as they say.

I've had Chicago deep dish in Chicago...you have some stiff competition!
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Listen, I do not want to say that Chicago pizza is sh!t, but Chicago Pizza IS Sh!t.... I am just saying.....
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by wunaladreamin View Post
    One word...Grimaldi's.
    I'll keep that in mind for next visit. The funny thing is, with all the 'great' eating places they say are in New York, I don't remember a whole lot about the food the couple times I went. I remember a BBQ place on the first night, I remember a corner sub shop and taking the food across the street to eat in Central Park, and I remember a place near the hotel that, for the prices and dress code, had really, really subpar food and service.

Lee Goldberg on Eyewitness News weather just predicted wind gusts up to 30 mph for Friday morning. He said this could cause another delay for our shuttle. This is frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Listen, I do not want to say that Chicago pizza is sh!t, but Chicago Pizza IS Sh!t.... I am just saying.....
    It's not ****, I've had both several times. Depends WHERE in Chicago you eat it, just like it does here. In fact pizza in Manhattan is all **** now (all the places I'VE tried anyway), you need to go to Brooklyn or Long Island to get good pizza in NY now.

I'll keep that in mind for next visit. The funny thing is, with all the 'great' eating places they say are in New York, I don't remember a whole lot about the food the couple times I went. I remember a BBQ place on the first night, I remember a corner sub shop and taking the food across the street to eat in Central Park, and I remember a place near the hotel that, for the prices and dress code, had really, really subpar food and service.
    NYC has the average % of crappy & sub-par places... but when you multiply that % by the massive number of eateries, it means there are A LOT of crappy places you can try. You are especially more likely to get crap when you're eating in the vicinity of an attraction, the good places aren't usually super-close to the touristy sites, but a couple blocks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    Lee Goldberg on Eyewitness News weather just predicted wind gusts up to 30 mph for Friday morning. He said this could cause another delay for our shuttle. This is frustrating!
    If it is I hope they decide by Thursday night!!

They should have postponed it for the weekend to begin with. Idiots.........
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Eric.... He just needs a hug. If you come up to New York.... I will take care of you

1st.. I will take the day off and we can start by going to the Intreped, I hear that they are going to have a shuttle soon and it may be neat to take you to see it.
    2nd, we will go to the Cradle of aviaion and I will show you a Concorde Model that is in storage, we will ponder over the Spirit of Saint Louis pondering if it was a real aircraft of merely a backup but not really official since it never really made the flight but still carries the Title Spirit of Saint Louis....
    3rd, we will look at the Mockup of the X-29 and discuss how it was not a real airplane but is full scale unlike the Concorde Model.
    4th, We will to Republic Airport where Phil D, John K, John M, Kenny and the other Kenny, Mario, Eric, Manny and I will be more than happy to give you a hug.

We like to share our beloved collection with others and I promise that the forum guys will be more than happy to show your our Space Shuttle that never went into orbit and could have been modified but never was so it is all just an irrelevant bunch of crap anyway. So come and enjoy our Orbiter, or Shuttle or Flying Brick..... we would love to have you -Cheers -Fred
    don't forget the hall of science where they have a Titan II, an Atlas D, a Mercury replica capsule, and the first stage and engine from a Saturn V.
    Overheard on JFK TOWER - S Turns are fine, U-Turns are bad....

Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    They should have postponed it for the weekend to begin with. Idiots.........
    I'm guessing they don't want to do it on the weekend because all employees involved might need to be paid overtime in that situation. This is already quite expensive for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari707 View Post
    don't forget the hall of science where they have a Titan II, an Atlas D, a Mercury replica capsule, and the first stage and engine from a Saturn V.
    We have a REAL Mercury capsule and an entire Saturn V. ;)

We have a REAL Mercury capsule and an entire Saturn V. ;)
    Missile envy...

After beating my brains for the last 48 hours...

1) At this point, I kind of hope they push it back to next week sometime.
    2) Thinking I may try to do the same thing Chris, Fred, & I did for Red Bull. Head over to Ellis Island & get her flying up & down the Hudson with the city in the background. I just have a feeling it's going to be a madhouse around the airport & think the cops/security are going to be less than understanding...
    EVERYONE IS THERE TO SEE THE SHERPA!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Tim #70 View Post
    After beating my brains for the last 48 hours...

1) At this point, I kind of hope they push it back to next week sometime.
    2) Thinking I may try to do the same thing Chris, Fred, & I did for Red Bull. Head over to Ellis Island & get her flying up & down the Hudson with the city in the background. I just have a feeling it's going to be a madhouse around the airport & think the cops/security are going to be less than understanding...
    I'm looking at a nice spot the south end of Battery Park City. Great view of the Harbor and Statue and the Hudson corridor. Also quick access to subway and uptown to work, a little late. LOL!!

Tomorrow's looking windy:
    KJFK 261120Z 2612/2718 08008KT P6SM BKN100 BKN200
    FM261500 13014KT P6SM BKN070
    FM261700 13015G21KT P6SM BKN030 OVC050
    FM261900 14016G22KT 6SM -SHRA OVC012
    FM262100 14012G21KT 3SM -RA BR OVC008
    FM270100 VRB05KT 2SM BR OVC008
    FM270600 30014KT P6SM SCT250
    FM271400 31022KT P6SM SCT250=
    Phil Gengler - NYCA's "other Phil"

Quote Originally Posted by pgengler View Post
    Tomorrow's looking windy:
    Something tells me, an update will be posted later today. Can anybody say next week?