Page 27 of 54 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuttle Enterprise to New York April 23rd, 2012

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    Let's be fair, it was a space shuttle PROTOTYPE, not a bonafied space shuttle like all the others because it is NOT like all the others. It had a somewhat different design and never shuttled anything to space. It was as much a space shuttle as the YF-22 is a current in-service F-22. Just because it was going to be turned INTO a real shuttle someday doesn't mean it currently IS a real shuttle.

In other words, it provided the baseline FOR the space shuttle, but it in itself is not the final product. It's a, so to speak, pre-space shuttle.
    seriously! Perriwen, its time for you to go find something else do to.

No one has brought this up, but you my reason Enterprise is my favorite, I'm a Star Trek Fan.

We have an actual Lunar Module at the cradle of aviation museum, it never flew into space, never landed on the moon, but you know what it's pretty damn cool. So whether it flew into space or not should not be a factor to determine if its real.

The Enterprise is a significant part of the American Space Program.

I'll say it again, You're just a bitter Texan, Floridian, wherever your from.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by eric8669 View Post

I'll say it again, You're just a bitter Texan, Floridian, wherever your from.
    Likewise, I could say you're a self-absorbed New Yorker in denial that you aren't getting a shuttle that flew into space. ;)

Also, again. We have the only full Saturn V that was intended for use, and an Apollo spacecraft that carried men to the moon. That trumps glider any day. <3

Could someone please pass me the popcorn and a beer?? This is getting good again...
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Eric.... He just needs a hug. If you come up to New York.... I will take care of you

1st.. I will take the day off and we can start by going to the Intreped, I hear that they are going to have a shuttle soon and it may be neat to take you to see it.
    2nd, we will go to the Cradle of aviaion and I will show you a Concorde Model that is in storage, we will ponder over the Spirit of Saint Louis pondering if it was a real aircraft of merely a backup but not really official since it never really made the flight but still carries the Title Spirit of Saint Louis....
    3rd, we will look at the Mockup of the X-29 and discuss how it was not a real airplane but is full scale unlike the Concorde Model.
    4th, We will to Republic Airport where Phil D, John K, John M, Kenny and the other Kenny, Mario, Eric, Manny and I will be more than happy to give you a hug.

We like to share our beloved collection with others and I promise that the forum guys will be more than happy to show your our Space Shuttle that never went into orbit and could have been modified but never was so it is all just an irrelevant bunch of crap anyway. So come and enjoy our Orbiter, or Shuttle or Flying Brick..... we would love to have you -Cheers -Fred
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

You guys are too funny. Seriously. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Perriwen View Post
    You guys are too funny. Seriously. XD
    Ya trying to say you do not want to see our glider? Come on....you know you'll like it! ;)
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    I had taken the day off at work so I am hanging at JFK with Steve Furst when all of a sudden we here the shuttle carrier keys up!!! She did all the flybys and parked by the south end of the field. I thought she was due in Friday?!?!?

Grabbing some popcorn...shhhh

But Moose.....there was no lightning when it arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by DustinF View Post
    Thanks, my head just exploded... I read it 4x - still cannot figure out what the deal is.
    ha! What that map shows is the position of the sun during the day on Friday, centered on Liberty Island. At 10:30am, the sun will be coming from that orange line going southeast from Liberty Island. (the yellow line points the direction toward sunrise, and the dark orange line points the direction toward sunset.)

amazing how they fixed the place on the leading edge of the left wing where they removed the chunk to test it...

Quote Originally Posted by Vidiot View Post
    amazing how they fixed the place on the leading edge of the left wing where they removed the chunk to test it...
    Your amazed??? ITS NASA!

i love these arguments...they get my jollies off. And you KNOW kenny is good for a hug, but only from behind.
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Looks like a NASA T-38 came in to JFK this morning to case the joint: http://flightaware.com/live/flight/NASA966
    Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We have a small problem.
    All four engines have stopped. We are doing our damnedest to get them under control.
    I trust you are not in too much distress. —Captain Eric Moody, British Airways Flight 9

Quote Originally Posted by Vidiot View Post
    They took a section of the leading edge off as part of the Columbia investigation, but I don't think that was the piece that they did the actual tests on, I think it was more to examine the structure of the LE, and then it was returned. I saw something the other night where they showed some of the testing, firing a piece of foam into a section of the wing, and it looked ugly...

Quote Originally Posted by Derf View Post
    Ya trying to say you do not want to see our glider? Come on....you know you'll like it! ;)
    Eh, your glider sounds okay. But what I REALLY want to see is your world famous pizza carts and see if the New York slice in New York is as good as they say.

I've had Chicago deep dish in Chicago...you have some stiff competition!

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    One word...Grimaldi's.