Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuttle Enterprise to New York April 23rd, 2012

That first shot is AWESOME!!!!! It really tells the story...Shuttle on a 747 in DC!
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Outstanding, Gordon!

Very Nice!!! Really makes me want to get it with the statue of liberty.....
    Steve Furst

View my work @

Furst Edition Photography
    JetPhotos.net

Amazing shots, can not wait to see her Monday!

And please do anything agaist the bad weather forecast

And what a beauty pic withe the Monument!!!

I'll post over in the Spotting review section so that this thread can stay focused on Enterprise and JFK :)

if they're doing the low pass on 31L, what are the odds they'll do the canarsie climb and make a trip to HoBe worthwhile?
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Hello everybody-

I see that most of you want to shoot at Bayswater, but that would not work for me unfortunately. I only have 300mm and I am shooting Nikon. If I was Canon, I would have a 100-400mm already ;) . I see that there is a parking lot on Roger Avenue. Has anybody spotted from there before? I see a lot of trees there on Google Earth- is it possible to get past them to the water's edge? I am in need of a spot a bit closer than Bayswater. The other alternative would be to go to another airport to see the Enterprise, but isn't 1500' too high?
    EDIT: I just wanted to add, I am not as concerned about getting the touchdown as I am getting a good approach shot :)

Thank you everybody for your help!

Do we have an ETA for Monday? I have something Monday afternoon that I'd like to try to change because I want to head out there! I heard that the flight will be between 9:30 and 11:30 AM - where it is coming from?? Figured you knowledgeable folks would know better than me...

Quote Originally Posted by Strike View Post
    Hello everybody-

I see that most of you want to shoot at Bayswater, but that would not work for me unfortunately. I only have 300mm and I am shooting Nikon. If I was Canon, I would have a 100-400mm already ;) . I see that there is a parking lot on Roger Avenue. Has anybody spotted from there before? I see a lot of trees there on Google Earth- is it possible to get past them to the water's edge? I am in need of a spot a bit closer than Bayswater. The other alternative would be to go to another airport to see the Enterprise, but isn't 1500' too high?
    EDIT: I just wanted to add, I am not as concerned about getting the touchdown as I am getting a good approach shot :)

Bayswater should be fine with a 300 for this or you could go to Inwood Park.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Ugh, I have a meeting Monday morning, but at 1500' over the Lady, I should be able to see it from my desk! I would, however, really, really, really like a 1-day weather delay.
    You might get your wish as they are forecasting rain Sat night through Monday afternoon. Not sure if they would cancel/delay the flight but low visibility would mess up the Manhattan flyby.
    And that shot with the Wash Monument is AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Strike View Post
    Hello everybody-

that's what happens when you choose the dark side. Luckily, there is a quick-fix for the disease. www.lensrentals.com to the rescue!
    Have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Quote Originally Posted by Iberia A340-600 View Post
    My two contributions from today's special event:

You can just make out the chase plane underneath. Awesome.

I'm hoping to get the morning off, if I'm lucky. Workload is insane of late. Otherwise, I'll be checking the forum for some fantastic pics.

George

Quote Originally Posted by Mateo View Post
    Ugh, I have a meeting Monday morning, but at 1500' over the Lady, I should be able to see it from my desk! I would, however, really, really, really like a 1-day weather delay.
    A 1-day delay would be terrible for us out-of-towners flying in for the event. I am really hoping for decent weather. If they delay, I hope they post that information before I get on the plane.

As far as spotting goes, I am leaning toward Inwood. Based on what I "know" this would give me the fly-by and landing. I would love to be at HoBe for a banking shot, but I think I prefer two chances to catch it.

Where are the locals/smart kids going to be?!
    Jeremy in Minnesota

My pictures on jp.net

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    I will be at Bayswater with my contingent but you can't go wrong with Inwood either. I really want that tower shot.