Page 38 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuttle Enterprise to New York April 23rd, 2012

How cool was it that Leonard Nimoy was at JFK and spoke at the podium??

Beautiful stuff guys... looks like the battery park spots and airport spots were great...

My gamble failed... disappointed ... but this was a great thing to watch no matter what.

Could'nt beleive I got paid to watch it land and than go there. I'll get around to posting pics later.
    Southwest Airlines-"Once it pop's it's time to stop" Southwest Airlines-"Our Shamu's are almost real" Southwest Airlines -"We blow our top real easy" Southwest Airlines- "You can't top us..... really"

A word to the wise...keep it under your hat...no one is to know...
    I can't believe you can't spell or use good punctuation and you have a job whose requirement is not asking "Do you want fries with that?" lol love ya buddy

shots from 30 Rock, 64th floor...

North up the Hudson..

Crowds at the Intrepid..

And south along the Hudson..

here are some of mine.

It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

That first pic is insane....is that from the de-icing shed?

/jaw..dropped...

OK What the heck, a few more,

Fly over at JFK

Tower Shot!

T-38 @ JFK

And the main attraction
    http://fredkopf.smugmug.com

What great shots from everyone from all over. I was at Battery Park City at this little park just south of the museum. I got there around 9 and it was pretty chilly with the wind and not that crowded. The tour copters were pretty busy and listening to the scanner i found out the TFR would start at 10AM. So I moved up to the building at the park to get out of the wind (it worked) and then grabbed a cup of tea. Around 10:10 as i made my way back down to the water I heard one of the PD copters, there were 2 flying around and one on station over Red Hook taking pics, announce that the "shuttle was abeam Atlantic City". They continued to announce its location (not sure what freq cos it was too cold to take out my scanner and look, LOL but I'm believing it was 123.050) then we saw it coming in slowly by the VZ. What a MAGNIFICENT SIGHT!! Gotta say I got chills watching it and not from the cold!!! It moved slowly up north and then came back somewhat lower to the south and by the VZ it turned SW for the EWR flyby then over NJ north towards LGA!!! It was just such a great event and so glad I was able to participate in it.
    Amazing sight as the SCA came into view it seemed that EVERYONE, including cops, workers and little kids had a camera pointed to the sky. Yeah i dont see cameras being banned anytime soon!!
    Another cool sight were all the little kids from the local elementary school there on a field trip to view this event. I took a quick look as the shuttle passed and you could see the amazement in their eyes. But so DAMN SAD that these young children might NEVER witness or be a part of a space program like we did growing up!! Just really sad and pathetic!!
    And loved that after the initial pass to the North the crowd applauded!!!! That was nice!!
    Oh and I was wondering where the T-38 was but when i looked at one of my pictures there it was, DUH!! Guess I was pretty locked in.
    More stories and pictures all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gerard View Post
    How cool was it that Leonard Nimoy was at JFK and spoke at the podium??
    http://news.yahoo.com/leonard-nimoy-...171646429.html

Well Eisenhower Park was not the place to be(at least for me). Got a nice shot of the underbelly of the SCA though. Great shots everyone.

How can you not love the T-38? Love that plane. Hats off to Yankee and Fred.

I am speechless, moved and wind battered from today's historical event in my eye's. Here are just a few for now.

Mark
    Queens, NY

My website: http://mbsphotography.smugmug.com
    My photos at: JetPhotos and ANet

First I just want to add my compliments to so many of you for so many great photos. Something that really impressed me today was how NASA pretty much kept to the plan and did what they said they would as far as doing all the fly-overs and such, not using the winds as an excuse to do an abbreviated version, that impressed me. One casualty though because of the winds while their where some helo's up and about the winds kept the local news helo's on the ground as they could provided some awesome videos that didn't happen. All in all though an amazingly AWESOME day, Giggity !

Awesome photos guys. I was working Acey 5736 out of LGA this morning and was lucky enough to depart right as the shuttle was flying up the Hudson. The upside is that we were really low so we were able to see it almost cross underneath us. The downside is we were below 10,000ft and couldn't take any pictures. But you guys got that covered!

Quote Originally Posted by LGA777 View Post
    One casualty though because of the winds while their where some helo's up and about the winds kept the local news helo's on the ground as they could provided some awesome videos that didn't happen. All in all though an amazingly AWESOME day, Giggity !
    Actually at least one news copter was up over NJ opposite West 30 Heliport. Not sure but I believe it was ABC as they were covering this pretty
    heavy. PD had 3 ships up and they were taking a ton of pictures (lots of talk on their Company freq) which I'd love to see.