Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    Best bets...

JFK Tower (4L/22R, 13R/31L) 123.900
    Newark Tower 118.300
    LaGuardia Tower 118.700
    KEWR Tower Class B (2000'/below) 127.850
    KJFK Tower Class B (2000'/below) 125.250
    KLGA Tower Class B (2000'/below) 126.050

all will be on my scanner on round robin with JFK tower as priority channel :-)
    Newscopters 123.025 They'll be up and working and good for heads-up and interesting chatter.
    NYPD 123.100

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    THanks. Just got my folks set up for Inwood. Much appreciated.
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Since I work in Carle Place, I'm hoping to convince my boss to allow me to take an early lunch and go to Eisenhower Park. Who knows, maybe he'll allow the whole department to go! Good luck everyone. George.

Quote Originally Posted by fk6065 View Post
    What are the odds of shooting her first pass at Inwood and then hustling over to Bayswater for the Tower Shot if they follow the original postings and don't scale it back.
    Normally doable....remember tomorrow parking is going to be nutty by Bayswater. You may get there in time, but may have a long walk to the park.

Good luck tomorrow guys! Wish I could be there to see it with y'all! I'll be tuned in for pics :)

Quote Originally Posted by gpalz1 View Post
    Since I work in Carle Place, I'm hoping to convince my boss to allow me to take an early lunch and go to Eisenhower Park. Who knows, maybe he'll allow the whole department to go! Good luck everyone. George.
    Which lot will you be in? I think I'll try the one in the part just off the merrick ave entrance

Does anybody know when they'll be in the area? NASA just says 9:30 to 11:30 which is a fairly large chunk of time.

Oh first post after years of lurking

My TSA friend told me i will be there around 10.
    The Plane will be stay near the Anti Ice Tent so we could get a decent view of it..
    Good Luck everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by puckstopper55 View Post
    Which lot will you be in? I think I'll try the one in the part just off the merrick ave entrance
    I'm thinking that might me a good spot, Lot 8 next to the Special Activities Building. My only concern is the 8 story building on the other side of Merrick Avenue. I might park over there and take pictures from the sidewalk. My other concern is the incinerator, who knows what Covanta will be spilling into the air at that time?

Quote Originally Posted by jlaico1 View Post
    I'm thinking that might me a good spot, Lot 8 next to the Special Activities Building. My only concern is the 8 story building on the other side of Merrick Avenue. I might park over there and take pictures from the sidewalk. My other concern is the incinerator, who knows what Covanta will be spilling into the air at that time?
    What time you getting there? The post above says it will be at JFK at 10. That seems a bit early. I was figuring over our area about 1030

My suggestion is try to get wherever you wanna be when the Shuttle arrives at least 1+ hour early. Traffic at DC pas paralyzed by people trying to get to good viewing spots. And you don't know how many good photogs I know who were stuck on a freeway as the SCA flew overhead. They were crushed.

Nick, when the shuttle leaves, if you're there, please shoot me a text :-) thanks
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by jlaico1 View Post
    Those are the two spots I'm considering as well. I don't think the building will be a problem since the SCA will be at 2000 feet or so. Probably won't decide until I get there for the best angle.

Hmm anyone going to Bayswater/Inwood with a scanner I can hang around with?
    Fox 1 Photography

---

EOS-40D | EOS-300D | EF-S 10-22 | EF 28-135 IS | EF 100-400L IS | 580EX II

Quote Originally Posted by Kyuusei View Post
    Hmm anyone going to Bayswater/Inwood with a scanner I can hang around with?
    I will be at Inwood with Denis who is bringing a scanner.