Page 31 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Shuttle Enterprise to New York April 23rd, 2012

And later in June when she's towed along the Hudson to her final resting place we'll have another epic thread and great photographic opportunity .

Hopefully another certain poster will pop up and explain to us why we don't deserve to have a shuttle.

Good luck to all tomorrow !!!
    You will never know what you will be capable of until you try

Quote Originally Posted by Speedbird1 View Post
    It's a GO for Friday. Despite the prediction of strong gusts, they plan to launch since no cross-winds are predicted; just a strong NW flow. So charge your batteries, pack your lenses and good-luck. Hope this historic moment finally is upon us. Later I'll post to ask which hangar she'll be secluded in. Enjoy!
    It is suppose to stay under the Radient heat building known as Hangar 12 and they will pull the shuttle off after a few days when they can get all the equipment in place...Then it will sit for a few weeks off the 747 and then barged .....well, you know
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Quote Originally Posted by alberchico View Post
    And later in June when she's towed along the Hudson to her final resting place we'll have another epic thread and great photographic opportunity .

Hopefully another certain poster will pop up and explain to us why we don't deserve to have a shuttle.

Good luck to all tomorrow !!!
    Yes, good luck everyone, may everyone get good shots wherever you may be.

If anyone is out early, let me know I'll probably be shooting somewhere in the AM.
    It's hard to take chances but sometimes it's better if you do

http://www.southpawcaptures.com
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/southpawcaptures/
    On Twitter @southpawcapture

Steve F., Ken P. and I are shooting sunrise at Brooklyn Bridge park...leaving at 4am! They will drop me off at JFK for the NASA sponsored event I will attend for a few hours and they will pick me up after it is over. We will then spend the day spotting. It will be good to see you all. See you tomorrow - Derf
    The three most common expressions in aviation are, "Why is it doing that?", "Where are we?" and "Oh Crap".

Let me know where you go after the event and mate we can meet up. I'll be with Dennis

It is going to be on the 747 at JFK for a while before the specialized equipment arrives to remove it.

Could be over a month sitting on top

Also as an aside the fly overs tomorrow are not guaranteed at this time.

I am sure we will hear more in the morning when NASA updates

hey guys - i will be out and will hopefully meet a lot of you that i haven't met yet. planning on heading to Inwood Park - and then maybe stick around for a bit. my manager really loved my moving a day off twice this week, so i hope it goes well!

600mm or worse 1200mm will risk motion blur. Hope your Gimbal setup is a strong one and not to forget, likely backlit.
    Last edited by gonzalu; 2012-04-26 at 08:18 PM.
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Quote Originally Posted by DustinF View Post
    I'm gonna take the huge risk and go the pier in NJ to shoot north at the statue of liberty. If the path remains the same, I should see it come back when it comes back from going north up the West Side of NYC and maybe even a pass across the statue of liberty...

Anyone else think thats possible?
    im planning to be in brooklyn on the ferry pier behind the army terminal you have a great view of the liberty, battery, and even some Verrazano to the south Google 40.648411,-74.029269 for exact location. Enjoy!

can anyone advise which ATC frequency to monitor the flyover on? thanks

Best bets...

JFK Tower (4L/22R, 13R/31L) 123.900
    Newark Tower 118.300
    LaGuardia Tower 118.700
    KEWR Tower Class B (2000'/below) 127.850
    KJFK Tower Class B (2000'/below) 125.250
    KLGA Tower Class B (2000'/below) 126.050

all will be on my scanner on round robin with JFK tower as priority channel :-)
    Manny Gonzalez
    Thrust Images | General Photography | R.I.P. Matt Molnar 1979-2013
    BRING BACK THE KJFK/KLGA OBSERVATION DECKS

Me like the Robert Downey Jr of cooooooookies!
    I won't go but my parents will take my children there.

Can anyone give an address for me to get them to Inwood park? Like a GPS address please?
    And I, I took the path less traveled by
    and that has made all the difference......yet...
    I have a feeling a handle of people are going to be very interested in what I post in the near future.

http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=187

Quote Originally Posted by gonzalu View Post
    600mm or worse 1200mm will risk motion blur. Hope your Gimbal setup is a strong one and not to forget, likely backlit.
    I am not so much worried about the motion blur - I am just trying to figure out the angle of the plane to the skyline and area. If everyone is gonna have almost the same shot from the different parts of the Air port - I am just trying break out of that box and get something different...

about 700 feet west of runway 14-32 in Farmingdale
    Quote Originally Posted by mirrodie View Post
    I won't go but my parents will take my children there.

Can anyone give an address for me to get them to Inwood park? Like a GPS address please?
    I don't have an exact address, but a quick search on Google maps has 588 Bayview Ave as the closest address listed. Some GPS's allow you to enter a cross street or corner location. If yours does, you can enter Bayview Ave and Alemada Ave, just stay straight for a few hundred yards and you will be at the park entrance.